The Student Room Group

Maths / further maths a* aqa

so AQA say they always maximise your grade for maths - does this mean that all my best scoring modules will be used for my maths grade?

Or does it mean that they will maximise my maths grade, eg. use modules that will achieve me an A, but not necessarily my best scoring modules?

for example, would they use a combination such as this:

maths:
c1 - 98
c2 - 86
c3 - 90
c4 - 90
m1 - 77
m2 - 39
TOTAL = 480 UMS, grade A*

further maths:
fp1 - 70
fp2/3 - 67
d1 - 100
d2 -82
s1 - 93
s2 - 68
TOTAL - 480 UMS, grade A

so my point is, i have still achieved the maximum grade of an A* in maths, but obviously m2 with 39 UMS is much lower than any of the modules used for FM --- is this allowed??????
Original post by imundercover
so AQA say they always maximise your grade for maths - does this mean that all my best scoring modules will be used for my maths grade?

Or does it mean that they will maximise my maths grade, eg. use modules that will achieve me an A, but not necessarily my best scoring modules?

for example, would they use a combination such as this:

maths:
c1 - 98
c2 - 86
c3 - 90
c4 - 90
m1 - 77
m2 - 39
TOTAL = 480 UMS, grade A*

further maths:
fp1 - 70
fp2/3 - 67
d1 - 100
d2 -82
s1 - 93
s2 - 68
TOTAL - 480 UMS, grade A

so my point is, i have still achieved the maximum grade of an A* in maths, but obviously m2 with 39 UMS is much lower than any of the modules used for FM --- is this allowed??????

Yes that combination is allowed. If exam entries and cash in are done correctly, They maximise your Grade in maths, then maximise your Grade in FM then your UMS in maths
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Yes that combination is allowed. If exam entries and cash in are done correctly, They maximise your Grade in maths, then maximise your Grade in FM then your UMS in maths

Is that done manually by the school's exam officer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Is that done manually by the school's exam officer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. The exams officer would do the exam entries and at the same time would request cash in of AS and A level maths and further maths to ensure the original AS results are unlocked and are available for the examiners to automatically shuffle around prior to results day. Schools who regularly enter candidates for further maths will do this automatically, some centres/exams officers without that experience have neglected to do it in the past.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest