Yasuda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm going to try and make this as brief as possible.
I want to do Japanese at uni. There are no subject-specific entry requirements, although a language (any language) at A Level is preferable. I tried A Levels but found them too hard so I switched to a BTEC, since BTECs were an acceptable alternative in many unis' entry requirements. However, after looking into it more, they list 'Pearson extended diploma' as the BTEC option, while I'm doing a CACHE technical diploma. My course is still worth 3 A Levels in UCAS points, but I'm not 100% sure it'll be sufficient. I am expected an A* in my BTEC course, and I am also able to do A Level Russian in my gap year, since I am lucky enough to be bilingual. I think these two factors will help my application, but I am not 100% sure because of the type of BTEC I'm doing. The worst part is, when I contacted several unis about whether my CACHE Technical Diploma would be suitable, they all said 'you won't know until you apply'. This makes me feel as though I am wasting my time, because I have no interest in doing this subject as a job- I only did this course because I thought I was being smart and giving myself an easier route to uni.
Any advice would be a real life saver, thank you.
RhynieChert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
have you tried university of Leeds? theyre known to accept most level 3 btecs, particularly if an a level is taken as well, and Leeds has a Japanese course that looks good
Yasuda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by aesthete1)
have you tried university of Leeds? theyre known to accept most level 3 btecs, particularly if an a level is taken as well, and Leeds has a Japanese course that looks good
Leeds is actually one of the unis I was looking at, and they're one of the unis that basically said I won't know if I'm ****ed or not until I apply. They're a Russel Group uni as well, so that's scary too.
Guess I won't be able to have a peace of mind until the time actually comes.. Thanks for the reply though
RhynieChert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
Leeds is actually one of the unis I was looking at, and they're one of the unis that basically said I won't know if I'm ****ed or not until I apply. They're a Russel Group uni as well, so that's scary too.
Guess I won't be able to have a peace of mind until the time actually comes.. Thanks for the reply though
I'd definitely recommend applying to give unis anyway, with the a level russian as well, worst they can do is all reject you and then it's possible to go through ucas extra and clearing and you'd be likely to find a place somewhere, even if they do all reject you you'll have that knowledge that your may need to take another qualification before reapplying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
17.09%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (37)
31.62%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.26%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.11%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.27%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
23.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.71%

Watched Threads