thatgeekystudent
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I was just wondering how many paragraphs you would write for the English Language Paper 1 Question 2. I know you have to have three big ideas, but do you put them all in one paragraph or have three seperate paragraphs for each big idea?
Thanks in advance!
bv9397
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I tend to do about 2 long paragraphs with at least 3 ideas but i usually sequence and link them together so it is probably equivalent to 3 or 4 paragraphs with different ideas.
Lit teacher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't get marked on use of paragraphs but they do make it easier for an examiner to see the number of different points that you have included. Try to give a one sentence introduction (e.g. In this text the writer uses language to contrast the fear of the child with the peacefulness of the setting.) and then either analyse two contrasting examples in great detail, or three different examples in a little less detail. Put each point in a new paragraph.
SilverLipa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I usually have 3 long paragraphs. But for question 2 there is one thing you must remember - if you do not include an analysis on word level for each idea, you cannot get more than 4-5 marks out pf eight!!
Its really important that for each idea you include an analysis at word level.So three or even two paragraphs with perceptive ideas and word analysis is enough!!
Hope this helpss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads