Sunflower99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey,

Been really struggling with actually revising the whole contents of geography alevel. So was wondering if anyone had any help with just how to revise and remember all the stuff needed.
fentydrug
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sunflower99)
Hey,

Been really struggling with actually revising the whole contents of geography alevel. So was wondering if anyone had any help with just how to revise and remember all the stuff needed.
Is colonialism in a level geography
frantika
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Find the online specification (depends on what board you're doing) and makes notes for each bit.

With physical geography, it's important to learn every feature. It helps if you can group them (one side is formed by fluvial conditions, other side formed by aeolian processes etc.) because questions are usually "explain all features formed by this general process" etc.

With human geography, learn every definition (there aren't that many I don't think).

Learn CASE STUDIES. Very helpful. Basically illustrates the definitions and theories in a real-life event. To make your exam answers better, drop in little nuggets of info from the case studies.

Don't go OTT (over the top) with details. You only need a few details for each example just to back it up.

Unfortunately there's a lot to learn with geog, so at the end of the day nothing beats sitting down and learning everything.

These are some hints off the top off my head. Which reminds me, I need to get back to revising...
Sunflower99
Rep:
?
(Original post by fentydrug)
Is colonialism in a level geography
Kinda mentioned a bit in the last topic
Sunflower99
Rep:
?
(Original post by frantika)
Find the online specification (depends on what board you're doing) and makes notes for each bit.

With physical geography, it's important to learn every feature. It helps if you can group them (one side is formed by fluvial conditions, other side formed by aeolian processes etc.) because questions are usually "explain all features formed by this general process" etc.

With human geography, learn every definition (there aren't that many I don't think).

Learn CASE STUDIES. Very helpful. Basically illustrates the definitions and theories in a real-life event. To make your exam answers better, drop in little nuggets of info from the case studies.

Don't go OTT (over the top) with details. You only need a few details for each example just to back it up.

Unfortunately there's a lot to learn with geog, so at the end of the day nothing beats sitting down and learning everything.

These are some hints off the top off my head. Which reminds me, I need to get back to revising...
Have done that but was daunting just how much is involved in it.

Thank you for all the help and appreciate it. Will do that then

And you ain't wrong there. And that's fair

Good luck with your revision then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate