RickZWD
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So i've been stressed out lately about my upcoming GCSE exams, literally to the point of breakdown (i get really really bloody nervous) i'm starting this little revision schedule which my school gave to the whole of Year 11 recently, it's like an adaptive timetable with our exam dates on them, our teachers recommend 3x 20 a day (1 hours) worth of revision + 5 mintue breaks inbetween, is this sufficent enough?
sarcasticfan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1 hour a day is not enough.
Go for around 7 hours a day
RickZWD
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by sarcasticfan)
1 hour a day is not enough.
Go for around 7 hours a day
7 hours a day? you cannot be serious.
kawaiipanda<3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi
also a fellow anxious person who has gcses this year
i suffer from PROCRASTINATION
so i try to do a good 4-5 hours of work but it ends up me watching endless youtube videos
I MEAN IM PROCRASTINATING RIGHT NOW
try and do 2-3 hours a day - 30 mins work then a 5 min break
and listen to some music while u do it or use ur finest stationery to make u feel better
i love how I'm giving advice even though i don't follow it myself woop
but DO NOT WORRY MY FELLOW 15-16 YEAR OLDS
JUST IMAGINE THE LOOOONG SUMMER HOLIDAYSSSSSS YESSSSSS NO MORE PE WOOOOOO
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RickZWD)
I would hope they mean including education commitments! I assume you still have school during the day, so 2-3 hours after school I’d have thought would be optimum, and then give yourself wednesdays off or something to relax a bit. If you can do a couple of hours Saturday and Sunday as well that would be even better!
Mesra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RickZWD)
He's being sarcastic. One hour is fine and taking breaks is very effective method of revising. It's called the Pomodoro method after the mexican dish.
I'll give you some advice though: take a second to think and have plenty of breaks. I know how stressful exams can be; I'm taking anti-depressants in large part because of exam stress so you need to calm down and de-stress. A little and oftern is the the best and most successful way of revison. I recommend Seneca learning as it's simple to use and can help you gain up to 2x as many marks! Don't stress about it; I'm sure you'll do fine. I believe you can do amazing!

Good look with the revision and don't give up! You can do this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (217)
33.8%
No (425)
66.2%

Watched Threads