The Student Room Group

Loneliness levels rising alarmingly fast

I’ve been okay the past week, I have my two great friends from my course, one of which likes me, and I’ve got some great people on TSR.

But one thing is deeply troubling me. My loneliness levels are surging to the point where I’m scared that it might become dangerously bad.

I’ve suffered from extreme levels of depression in the past but I feel like I’m slipping a lot further than I should be. My good moods don’t feel genuine and my humour feels forced. I’m trying but it’s so difficult.

I’ve been crying for two hours now. This week I’ve cried more times per day than I did in the whole of last year. I can’t fight it. I’ve lost a flirty friend who chose a far more troubled girl over me and claimed it was because I’m “crazy”. Which really stung because autistic people aren’t crazy. We just deal with emotions and feelings differently.

We almost dated. And then he randomly pulled away with no warning, which upset my inner aspie and broke my heart. I am over that now but when I get into a low mood everything from the past two months floods back and breaks me.

So I end up crying like I am right now as I write this thread post

I don’t want to leave TSR. I need the humour and the people.

I just wish I had a friend to comfort me. I still haven’t found anyone other than the guy I like who’d do that. Most people don’t like that I need comfort and support and they run away.

I’m sorry I made this thread and polluted the Relationships Forum, but I’m hurting so much that I’m at dangerous level and I need help. I can’t get any medical help at this time of night which is what I really need but I know I can at least receive comments from some of you lovely people.

Losing my friend has also meant losing the late night support calls. He was great at that for about 3 weeks of the 2 months we were friends. There’s something about talking on snapchat/messenger call/Skype/whatsapp which feels more personal and it’s easier for me to talk than typing. I really miss having someone to call between 11pm and 1am or thereabouts.

Thank you if you took time out to read this, I already appreciate you for that

Scroll to see replies

Such is life.
Maybe this rep will help :smile:
Hopefully it all works out
Reply 3
Original post by getmeoffmyphone2

You're welcome.

Practically though it sounds like you've become too hung up on this single who it sounds like you didn't actually know that well anyway. If you've got lots of friends, focus on those relationships and a love interest will come along naturally.
Reply 4
I’ve been okay the past week, I have my two great friends from my course, one of which likes me, and I’ve got some great people on TSR.

But one thing is deeply troubling me. My loneliness levels are surging to the point where I’m scared that it might become dangerously bad.

I’ve suffered from extreme levels of depression in the past but I feel like I’m slipping a lot further than I should be. My good moods don’t feel genuine and my humour feels forced. I’m trying but it’s so difficult.

I’ve been crying for two hours now. This week I’ve cried more times per day than I did in the whole of last year. I can’t fight it. I’ve lost a flirty friend who chose a far more troubled girl over me and claimed it was because I’m “crazy”. Which really stung because autistic people aren’t crazy. We just deal with emotions and feelings differently.

We almost dated. And then he randomly pulled away with no warning, which upset my inner aspie and broke my heart. I am over that now but when I get into a low mood everything from the past two months floods back and breaks me.

So I end up crying like I am right now as I write this thread post

I don’t want to leave TSR. I need the humour and the people.

I just wish I had a friend to comfort me. I still haven’t found anyone other than the guy I like who’d do that. Most people don’t like that I need comfort and support and they run away.

I’m sorry I made this thread and polluted the Relationships Forum, but I’m hurting so much that I’m at dangerous level and I need help. I can’t get any medical help at this time of night which is what I really need but I know I can at least receive comments from some of you lovely people.

Losing my friend has also meant losing the late night support calls. He was great at that for about 3 weeks of the 2 months we were friends. There’s something about talking on snapchat/messenger call/Skype/whatsapp which feels more personal and it’s easier for me to talk than typing. I really miss having someone to call between 11pm and 1am or thereabouts.

If you're not seeing a counsellor on a regular basis, start.

If you don't have someone you can trust to speak openly with and who will hear you out whenever you're down, find a person like that.

I suffered from depression, which still occasionally shows its influence, and I would've been much better much earlier if I had someone to tell me that the two points above are key to effectively fight off negative feelings of any kind and heal.

Be strong! Human beings are capable of incredible things. If you would like to share some tips and experiences, PM me.
I heard you live in California ?
The guy I’m into is endlessly supportive and sweet when I’m at my course but because we don’t have means to communicate other than Facebook messenger outside there, and he hates messenger and doesn’t use it, I can’t reach out to him, otherwise I know he’d definitely comfort me. He’s amazing tbh, a sweet and patient guy who knows I’m autistic but doesn’t let it bother him. That’s why I asked him out by message today, because I’m pretty sure he’ll be down for it if he reads it and replies :tongue:

Thank you all for being so kind and replying with nice words, means a lot :smile:
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling bad I wish no one ever had to feel like that. Is this guy not your friend at all anymore? I know you may think your friends don't want to give you support but you could try? Or a family member I'm not sure. But try and get some help if you feel like it's too much ik you can't right now but just fine the strength to get through it all and I'm sure one day things will improve and you will be so much stronger than others and grateful for good things in your life. And you're better than the guy don't forget that, I'm sure you'll be glad, not yet, that it happen3d and you'll get someone better. People think I'm weird cos I'm really shy and similarly I told a friend about some issues and she barely flinched some people really lack empathy and selflessness but anyway hope you feel better
Original post by shawn_o1
I heard you live in California ?

I don’t, I’m from there though. And I’m there in August for three weeks :tongue: but I don’t live there currently
Really I should sleep but I’m scared of getting off TSR and having nothing external to focus on :frown: I’m not that tired anyway
Really I should sleep but I’m scared of getting off TSR and having nothing external to focus on :frown: I’m not that tired anyway

I also need to sleep soon but tsr is pulling me in!
Original post by monkeyman0121
I also need to sleep soon but tsr is pulling me in!

Probably the most relatable statement on this site, for everyone really :tongue: I think we all get that from time to time tbh
Probably the most relatable statement on this site, for everyone really :tongue: I think we all get that from time to time tbh

I also get times where I am like, 'I am never going on this site again, it is messing with me!' And then like a month or so later I get back on it from some random impulse.
I also get times where I am like, 'I am never going on this site again, it is messing with me!' And then like a month or so later I get back on it from some random impulse.

Now wondering if this is a subtle dig or a genuine statement lmao
Now wondering if this is a subtle dig or a genuine statement lmao

Tis genuine. I think it is because I miss seeing random and stupid threads being posted, and actual threads that I can help out on.
Tis genuine. I think it is because I miss seeing random and stupid threads being posted, and actual threads that I can help out on.

Haha yeah, and the elusive shameless_burrito, who I believe my Night King friend promised would make an appearance soon :tongue: stay tuned
Haha yeah, and the elusive shameless_burrito, who I believe my Night King friend promised would make an appearance soon :tongue: stay tuned

Will do!
:biggrin: oh my god Night King I love you man! This made my day, not even kidding. Depressed GMOMP is now a little less depressed :smile: thank you, I know I may seem overly happy but when you’ve had a difficult day and attempted to end things it’s like thinking someone you love is dead and finding they’re not
Reply 18
a sweet and patient guy who knows I’m autistic but doesn’t let it bother him.

are you absolutely sure you're autistic?
like got an official diagnosis from a doctor?

because when I read that I was surprised as your posts don't come across autistic
Reply 19
wtf

do you know people in high places or something because I swear we can only change username once a year ...and you wasn't Night King for a year

Quick Reply

Latest