The Student Room Group

Does he like me?

I started speaking to this guy I met on tinder around 9 weeks ago we have none stop spoken since and it was going really well. Our sense of humour is the same and our personalities are very similar and we instantly clicked and it felt like I had known him all of my life (I know it sounds stupid). we met up in a hotel room around 2 weeks ago and he was telling me that he had told his friends about me and that he hadnt fealt this way about someone since his ex 2 years ago, he also asked me to see him again . The day after he was completely normal with me & then he went to see his cousins for a few days and wants to call it off. I am really confused. I also dont know if its because he has commitment issues because his ex cheated on him... Help x
Original post by Anonymous
I started speaking to this guy I met on tinder around 9 weeks ago we have none stop spoken since and it was going really well. Our sense of humour is the same and our personalities are very similar and we instantly clicked and it felt like I had known him all of my life (I know it sounds stupid). we met up in a hotel room around 2 weeks ago and he was telling me that he had told his friends about me and that he hadnt fealt this way about someone since his ex 2 years ago, he also asked me to see him again . The day after he was completely normal with me & then he went to see his cousins for a few days and wants to call it off. I am really confused. I also dont know if its because he has commitment issues because his ex cheated on him... Help x

It's impossible to say for sure. You can ask, but with regret the bottom line is that if he says no for sure, then it's time to move on.
I've been in a similar boat (twice, unfortunately). One time the other person called it off after being very enthusiastic and wanting to visit me (60 miles away) at my parents home. It turned out this person had lied to me continually when saying they were not seeing anyone else. They were. They became "official" by the time I was told it wasn't working out because I didn't put in any effort. This annoyed me more than anything, no one knows what anyone else is going through, how much effort things take. I am an introvert with social anxiety, and I don't talk a lot so relationships are a huge deal for me. The second time I never met the person in the flesh, we only spoke online. That was a genuine case of leaving for uni though. Does make me wonder sometimes regardless.

I know I have just waffled a lot about a story you didn't really need, but I wanted you to know you aren't the only person who has experienced this. It might be a case of he spoke to his cousins who talked him out of it, too much too soon, commitments, who knows. As explained in the previous comment though, you won't know unless you ask. Bare in mind, the answer could hurt, and you need to try to accept it. I struggled to accept the first time for quite a while, but then I heard someone say that some things just aren't meant to last. Some people come into your life and leave just as quickly. For me, it was a blessing in disguise, as it wouldn't have worked very much longer.

I wish you all the best, I hope you get the answers you want/need.
question do you have a pic of your self on tinder and vice versa?
yeah i do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending