The Student Room Group

My newly pierced ears

I'm 13, I got my ears pierced in February 2018, and I have come round to taking my earings out but the next day, I had a lump in my ear. Today I went to my school nurse and she said it was a ball of pus. She said I had to thoroughly cleanse my hands and ears and pop it and let all the pus through the hole. I last wore earings 2 days ago. The school nurse said she could see one of the holes beginning to close up. When I got home, I tried to see if I could get some earings through my ears but the holes in both ears have closed up. Now I'm really upset cause I always wantedo my ears pierced when I was anot early years from y2 and now my freshly pierced hole has closed up and I'm scared the pus will just keep building up and I won't be able to release the pus because the hole has closed. Please can I have some advice on this and how to release the pus from my ear now the piercing has closed up???😢
You need to go to the doctor and have them do it if you do it your self you can get a serious infection.. do not mess with it nomore.. call the doctors ASAP...
Original post by EmilyH1256
You need to go to the doctor and have them do it if you do it your self you can get a serious infection.. do not mess with it nomore.. call the doctors ASAP...

And please listen to me because I have been there very recently and I got all type of ear infection from messing with it and popping my ear hole back open by myself n squeezing the puss out..
Go see your piercer. They should be able to get the jewellery back in and advise you how best to deal with the lump.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest