Breaking news: Armed police haul PILOT out of BRITISH AIRWAYS (DRUNK)

Watch
Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
British Airways pilot pulled out of cockpit by armed police because he was so drunk

"Julian Monaghan, 49, was meant to be piloting a Boeing 777 from Gatwick to Mauritius, which would have taken 12 hours.

More than 5,000 weed smokers flock to Hyde Park for 4/20 But his colleagues called 999 before the aircraft could leave the departure gate on January 18, reports MailOnline.

Monaghan, a British Airways first officer who has been with the company since 2001, was arrested and removed from the plane in handcuffs. The departure was then delayed by more than two and a half hours while a replacement pilot could be found."

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/20/britis...drunk-7483314/
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
British Airways pilot pulled out of cockpit by armed police because he was so drunk

"Julian Monaghan, 49, was meant to be piloting a Boeing 777 from Gatwick to Mauritius, which would have taken 12 hours.

More than 5,000 weed smokers flock to Hyde Park for 4/20 But his colleagues called 999 before the aircraft could leave the departure gate on January 18, reports MailOnline.

Monaghan, a British Airways first officer who has been with the company since 2001, was arrested and removed from the plane in handcuffs. The departure was then delayed by more than two and a half hours while a replacement pilot could be found."
As someone who would call themselves a flight enthusiast, I'm kinda triggered that the plane shown in the picture is an Airbus 320/319, but the post talks about a Boeing 777.

On an another scale: Good on the colleagues for preventing an air crash.
Tawheed
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)
As someone who would call themselves a flight enthusiast, I'm kinda triggered that the plane shown in the picture is an Airbus 320/319, but the post talks about a Boeing 777.

On an another scale: Good on the colleagues for preventing an air crash.
Shouldn't they have testing before boarding ?
the bear
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
throw away your career for alcohol.... ridiculous

smh
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
This seems to be an emerging trend, another european airline had a case too last week. Let's face it, how do guys like these think they can get away with it and get to such state, there has to be something to justify it. Is it the sheer boredom of the job, it must be if they have to have a drink beforehand?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago

Didnt this event happen back in January 2018

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-42759124
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

What do 5000 pot heads have to do with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads