The Student Room Group

Dropping out now in 12 and restarting year 12 in another 6th form. Funding

Hi I just wanted to ask if I can get funded for year 12 again. I want to drop out now as i need to go abroad with my family. But I want to restart year 12. Will I get funded for this or will I have to pay for year 13
Reply 1
Original post by Ibdib
Hi I just wanted to ask if I can get funded for year 12 again. I want to drop out now as i need to go abroad with my family. But I want to restart year 12. Will I get funded for this or will I have to pay for year 13

I'm fairly sure you can, but check with a school first they'll know for sure. I know multiple people who went back a year.
Reply 2
Original post by drsfgdg
I'm fairly sure you can, but check with a school first they'll know for sure. I know multiple people who went back a year.

Thanks. Have they restarted year 12 recently....l have the impression funding rules have chaged but can't find proper info anywhere
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Ibdib
Thanks. Is this recent...l have the imores sion funding rules have chaged but can't find proper info anywhere

I know people who did it as recently as 2016. Got no idea about the funding rules sorry I just know people who did it.

If it helps they were uk citizens (not sure if it's the same for foreigners if you're one) and well off, so it doesn't seem to depend on money.
Reply 4
Its useful to know that people have done so in 2016. I'm a UK citizen. just need to go abroad right now (without completing the year) so need to restart year 12

Quick Reply

Latest