The Student Room Group

Taking notes

What would people recommend for taking notes in college? I prefer to use my iPad Pro and pencil but is it easier to use pen and paper?
I am looking to future proof so want to adjust myself to the best way of studying in college.
Reply 1
Original post by TaylorT24
What would people recommend for taking notes in college? I prefer to use my iPad Pro and pencil but is it easier to use pen and paper?
I am looking to future proof so want to adjust myself to the best way of studying in college.

If you're organised pen and paper is best for ease of use/detail, if your not an ipad (or surface, any form of touchscreen tablet/computer) would be best since you don't lose your notes.
Reply 2
Original post by drsfgdg
If you're organised pen and paper is best for ease of use/detail, if your not an ipad (or surface, any form of touchscreen tablet/computer) would be best since you don't lose your notes.

Okay thanks! I think you were reading my mind there as my organisation of physical pages isn’t the greatest so I may just stick to writing up on my iPad.
Reply 3
Okay thanks! I think you were reading my mind there as my organisation of physical pages isn’t the greatest so I may just stick to writing up on my iPad.

Yeah I did it on paper and lost them all lol. Tonnes of people I know seem to use microsoft surfaces which are pretty much the same and they look great.
Reply 4
Original post by drsfgdg
Yeah I did it on paper and lost them all lol. Tonnes of people I know seem to use microsoft surfaces which are pretty much the same and they look great.

Are most teachers at colleges okay with using a tablet/laptop for notes in class? As I appreciate some would be against using them.
Reply 5
Are most teachers at colleges okay with using a tablet/laptop for notes in class? As I appreciate some would be against using them.

I'm in uni, no one cares here. In college it may be different, although I expect if you're typically a hard working student (they know you're not playing games on it) most wouldn't care. There was one person who used a laptop due to learnign disabilities when I was in secondary and no one minded. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply