Is credit risk crap? Watch

queenofdarkness
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently at uni with the hopes of bagging a role in an investment bank once I graduate (ideally front/middle office).

I have just been offered an industrial placement role for asset credit risk at lloyds but most people I mention this to tell me it's not great? Idk what to do. Ideally, my plan was to complete the placement and apply for the lloyds investment banking graduate position.

So my question is, what do you guys think of asset finance credit risk? How would you rate it in the grand scheme of things? Do you think I should look elsewhere?
queenofdarkness
Rep:
?
Anyone??
e^iπ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by queenofdarkness)
Anyone??
Do you have opportunities waiting for you elsewhere?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
BusMan21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Compared to being the CEO? Yes, it’s crap.
Compared to being a cleaner? No, it’s exceptional.

My point is - don’t even consider if you think it is “crap” (it’s not). You should take the strong brand name, chance to bulk CV with some recent experience and the transferable skills that will be a relevant talking point for any future FO/MO interview.

It’s more important how you spin your work experience then the specific role necessarily. It may be a bit dull, but I would still take it an see it as a good learning curve.
Navyhavn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by queenofdarkness)
I'm currently at uni with the hopes of bagging a role in an investment bank once I graduate (ideally front/middle office).

I have just been offered an industrial placement role for asset credit risk at lloyds but most people I mention this to tell me it's not great? Idk what to do. Ideally, my plan was to complete the placement and apply for the lloyds investment banking graduate position.

So my question is, what do you guys think of asset finance credit risk? How would you rate it in the grand scheme of things? Do you think I should look elsewhere?

As an experience it certainly isn't 'crap'. Risk is a growing part of finance nowadays, You will develop some transferable soft skills, earn a decent salary (this would apply for risk at other banks, not sure about Lloyds), and enjoy a good work-life balance. It will also look good on the CV for MO grad roles at other banks.

But - you'll need to reapply for summer internships if you want a front office career. Getting a FO grad role with a MO internship will be tough. However, this Lloyds experience should make you competitive for FO summer internships.

Alternatively, talk to HR to see if they can fast-track you through the Clients and Markets grad programme application process.
queenofdarkness
Rep:
?
(Original post by e^iπ)
Do you have opportunities waiting for you elsewhere?
Not right not but idk if should just take the placement for what it is or apply to other places
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (46)
29.11%
The paper was reasonable (79)
50%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
10.76%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
10.13%

Watched Threads