The Student Room Group

Confused

I've been best friends with this guy for six years. I love him as a friend and he loves me just the same. Recently we've been hanging out a lot. We're both in sixth form, currently studying for our GCSES, so I'm not looking for a relationship and neither is he.

Yesterday we were sitting on the park bench, eating ice-cream and talking. The conversation's topic sidled to relationships. He said he didn't want a serious relationship until he had a steady job and had completed school, uni, etc. I told him that was exactly my plan, too. Then he said something that took me completely off-guard and left me a little confused: "You know we like each other. It's obvious, we don't have to admit it out aloud. So if it happens, then it happens - let it happen."
In the moment, I had no idea what to say, so I just pretended to understand and said, "Yeah, totally."

But I don't really get it. What's he implying?
OMEGALUL
do you think you like him
If not I laugh hard in my eye
Reply 2
Original post by JhonTron
OMEGALUL
do you think you like him
If not I laugh hard in my eye

That's not the point. I want to know, when he said that, was he referring to "us" or other girls in general?
No he was saying there’s no point trying to disguise your relationship as being best friends or whatever, he wants you to like him as he likes you in more of a boyfriend girlfriend type relationship
He mean us as in you two that obviously.. he likes you and he’s saying if it happened at some point before u guys are done with school and stuff then it happens don’t fight just let it happen..
OK so he doesn't want a serious relationship until he's got a job?

All that means is that he wants a non-serious relationship now.

He;s not blind. He want's you, OP. You are an attractrictive, charming person.
It's up to you if you want a romantic relationship with him now or not.
Reply 6
what everyone else said pretty much

ball's in your court i guess
Reply 7
BUMP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending