How can i stop my mom screaming at me and being annoyed. Watch

SooliBo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am Korean 12 years old. I think most of you guys know that Asian do many studies. I was studying math, I am almost finished high school maths, and my mum is annoyed with me because I haven't finished high school maths in 2 years. Also, if I accidentally dropped spoon, or chopsticks while eating, she shouts at me you are nothing and u are being annoyed with swearing. Sometimes she heats me, how can I stop this? I am sure sometimes I being annoyed as well. Should I stop playing games (30mins) after done my studies?...
Gkaizerking
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Almost finished with HS math at 12? Damn, impressive.
oh, im not asian so I cant help you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Wow I'm Asian but I haven't been in a situation as bad as you. Doing high school maths at 12?! Unbelievable!

Also 30 minutes of games is nothing.. I've played for 9 hours straight recently and my GCSEs are in 4 weeks time. Everyone needs a break so dont stop playing games. If your mum sees you playing them and gets angry, then maybe play games at a time you know she wont be around..?

I mean, maybe this will make things worse (I often talk back to my parents), but maybe ask them, "have you managed to do hs maths when you were 10?" Or whatever you have done in the past. This may get you into trouble even more or this may help your situation (this is actually one the few reasons why my parents are quite chill about my studies).

If everything fails, maybe spend most of your time in a library or something. You can say to your mum that you are studying. If they don't let you, tell them that there are many resources that you want to use at the library. She may eventually give in and you can go to the library to study and do other things without your mother complaining all the time.

Not trying to be offensive but I think your mum can get angry very easily because most people wouldn't get angry if you drop a spoon/chopstick.. If you want her to stop shouting at you, you should try avoiding things that make her angry but in my opinion I think she just gets angry a lot.

I feel bad for you because my Asian parents are a lot nice than most other ones. Judging from what you are saying, it isn't your fault that she is shouting at you. I think it's your mum overeacting. I'm not too sure, but I think she is on some line of child abuse. If she wears at you for dropping chopsticks and calling you nothing, that's real hatred. Your mother is supposed to raise you up happily and safe. But I guess it's hard to report your mother and you probably won't.

Do you have any siblings? If so, does she get angry at them as well? Have you done something in the past that has made her despise you?

I have made a few suggestions but don't trust a stranger on the internet. I wish you the best of luck on managing and if she still continues to be like that, when you turn 18, find a university apartment and never talk to her again. It can be mean to her, but she has been mean to you for many years so it can be revenge. But there may be a chance she doesn't even care about you, but like I said, don't trust a stranger online. I am not your guide to life
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SooliBo
Rep:
?
Thanks for helping me! I just noticed you replied me right now, and this helped me a lot yesterday. During math, my mum started to shouting me again, that I am so not good at studies, and I told her to have you studied like this before when you were my age? and she just shouting at me other kinds of stuff and trying to win at fighting, but I was keeping in calm and telling her to stop. Then she was just shouting for 5 minutes and call my dad and telling how good is he and how bad I am.. LMAO idc now, and i am enjoying games not! Thanks for helping me!! )
SooliBo
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=SooliBo;77226946]Thanks for helping me! I just noticed you replied me right now, and this helped me a lot yesterday. During math, my mum started to shouting me again, that I am so not good at studies, and I told her to have you studied like this before when you were my age? and she just shouting at me other kinds of stuff and trying to win at fighting, but I was keeping in calm and telling her to stop. Then she was just shouting for 5 minutes and call my dad and telling how good is he and how bad I am.. LMAO idc now, and i am enjoying games not! Thanks for helping me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads