The Student Room Group

Help needed

I'm interested in having a science related career and earning a degree but I can't decided what

I'm doing BTEC applied Science, sports science and probably business

Does anyone know what stuff I could do? I do like a lot of stuff but my GCSE grades would be too low. So does anyone have any ideas? I like the environment btw
when you say your are taking these subjects what level btec are you taking. Could you resit a year and take an extended diploma as that is more widely accepted.
I'm doing A levels at 6th form, so there are certificates instead of diplomas, if I do Applied science with certain other combinations then I could do a degree

E. G sports studies and applied science would get me into sports science
Original post by outta this house
I'm doing A levels at 6th form, so there are certificates instead of diplomas, if I do Applied science with certain other combinations then I could do a degree

E. G sports studies and applied science would get me into sports science

I dont think certificates count. Diploma's count as 1 A level and extended diplomas as 3 a levels. Most universities accept the extended diploma and the applied science one certainly is. Many universities want a science based A level in addition to the Btec sometimes Chemistry or Biology for science subjects. Check a few university prospectuses for the subject you are looking for to see if you need to take that.
So what would I be able to with the diploma but not extendedb
i suspect there isnt anything you would be able to do with the diploma and not the extended diploma but there might be more things you could do the other way around. You need to check the prospectuses of any universities your going to and for approprite subjects. Are you doing a diploma not the certificate you previously stated.
Diploma is just for curiosity, but after doing a BTEC L3 2 year course at college, would I have to pay to do another course which is the extended diploma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending