The Student Room Group

OCR AS Biology A 2018 H020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey guys was just wondering, are we expected to know the experiment on chromatography for AS level? My teacher didn’t go through it and I haven’t learned it cause he said we don’t have to know it until A2
Post more please. Is this checked with the mark scheme.
They had an easy breadth paper last year. Our one is definitely gonna be harder. I can see that last year there was not many biodiversity or classification or transport in plants/animals questions so that has to come up this year. I bet you we are gonna get a thin layer chromotagraphy paper or a reducing sugar(calibration/colorimetre question) as a five marker. Also i think we might have questions on adaptations of xerophytyes/hydrophytes and biological molecules obviously. Remember how to draw glucose molecules. We are defitnitely getting an magnification graticule question which im gonna skip like every time.
Reply 63
Original post by lionike123
They had an easy breadth paper last year. Our one is definitely gonna be harder. I can see that last year there was not many biodiversity or classification or transport in plants/animals questions so that has to come up this year. I bet you we are gonna get a thin layer chromotagraphy paper or a reducing sugar(calibration/colorimetre question) as a five marker. Also i think we might have questions on adaptations of xerophytyes/hydrophytes and biological molecules obviously. Remember how to draw glucose molecules. We are defitnitely getting an magnification graticule question which im gonna skip like every time.

Last years depth paper had a 6 marker on calorimetery so not sure about that. There was also a lot on mitosis in the depth paper, so I would concentrate more on meiosis, and on the depth paper there was a lot of biodiversity.
**** yeah. I need to concentrate on meiosis as well thanks. Calorimetry can still come up again but for breadth this time you know. There is gonna be a biodiversity question or a chi squared/standard deviation question.Or the correlation. Wait the correlation maths question we rank from highest to lowest right.
**** yeah. I need to concentrate on meiosis as well thanks. Calorimetry can still come up again but for breadth this time you know. There is gonna be a biodiversity question or a chi squared/standard deviation question.Or the correlation. Wait the correlation maths question we rank from highest to lowest right.

What do you mean by correlation?
Spearmans Rank correlation. By the way we might get a question about how to do spirometre or potometre question.
Can someone post all the calculations we need to know.
What time is the exam for you guys?
In the afternoon. This is good to watch. I suggest watching this playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZfSoAnUwJ8pf_ZIUoHxqSr2xHK99nt2K
Can someone post all the calculations we need to know.

arent we given those in the exam
Original post by floraaax
arent we given those in the exam

The ones that are not given to us like percentage increase decrease cardiac output ventillation rate oxygen consumption heart beat heart rate.
Reply 72
Do u guys think a lot of module 2 will come up
What 1:00pm?
1.Favourite Topic- Enzymes + transport in animals/plants
2.Least Favourite Topic- the maths
3.Most Confident Topic- enzymes
4.Least Confident Topic- the maths
5.Why are you taking Biology? Wanna persue medicine
6.Have You Started Revising Yet? Yep

Kinda stressed now though- I hope they go easy on us
I have a strong feeling haemoglobin and the graphs/ electrical activity of the heart will come up. Also translocation and enzymes very likely
Same
I also think it’s very likely that transportation in plants or animals can come up in detail!
Can some do a quick overview on classification and biodiversity please?
Original post by hamzzza501
What 1:00pm?

1:30
i hope biodiversity doesn't come up because i haven't revised it that well. plus it came up last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending