The Student Room Group

Don’t use Buyacar.com

I used them, it took 3 attempts to find a real car on their site as most are just google image stock photos. When I actually found a real car i put down my deposit my salesman disappeared, probably went on holiday. After 2 days he came back from his trip to Blackpool and actually answered my email i nearly fell of my seat.

I told him I wanted to cancel the order as I found a legitimate car company whilst he was being incompetent, he said he’d pass me onto a manager to call me back later that day. I didn’t expect anyone to call and they didn’t so next day I called again, my shifty dealer answered and “put me straight through to a manager the phone rang and rang but of course no one would answer.

So I’m stuck in a position where I’ve been robbed by a phoney car company.

And yes it was a refundable deposit.
Contact the police and let them know the details or go to your local trading standards board
Reply 2
Original post by T-bony
I used them, it took 3 attempts to find a real car on their site as most are just google image stock photos. When I actually found a real car i put down my deposit my salesman disappeared, probably went on holiday. After 2 days he came back from his trip to Blackpool and actually answered my email i nearly fell of my seat.

I told him I wanted to cancel the order as I found a legitimate car company whilst he was being incompetent, he said he’d pass me onto a manager to call me back later that day. I didn’t expect anyone to call and they didn’t so next day I called again, my shifty dealer answered and “put me straight through to a manager the phone rang and rang but of course no one would answer.

So I’m stuck in a position where I’ve been robbed by a phoney car company.

And yes it was a refundable deposit.

buyacar.com doesn't exist?
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom
buyacar.com doesn't exist?

It's buyacar.co.uk - OP made an error.
Reply 4
Original post by k.n.h.

That's a perfectly legitimate company, though?
Reply 5
Original post by IWMTom
That's a perfectly legitimate company, though?

The OP claims otherwise though. I think it looks legit :dontknow:
Reply 6
Original post by k.n.h.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with buyacar.co.uk

I used them without a single problem. This thread is slander.

:sucks:
Reply 7
Original post by futbol

Yeah, if what OP said was true, I think it was just an occasional hiccup.
Reply 8
Original post by futbol

Was it similar to AutoTrader, in that there's different people selling cars, and in this instance it could just be a dodgy dealer rather than a dodgy company? I haven't used the website myself, so I'm unaware as to how it works :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by k.n.h.
Yeah, if what OP said was true, I think it was just an occasional hiccup.

I think you need to lay off OP a bit.

They may have have had a genuinely poor experience with them and are only trying to stop others going through the same.

There is no need for you to be so rude about their post.
Reply 10
Original post by futbol
I think you need to lay off OP a bit.

They may have have had a genuinely poor experience with them and are only trying to stop others going through the same.

There is no need for you to be so rude about their post.

Eh? I know they may have had a genuinely poor experience at buyacar, I just said it was an occasional hiccup, as in they mucked up one customer out of 1000s that are satisfied. I haven't said anything rude. :confused:
I bought my first car for £4k via them. I had a very good experience and 100% would do it again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending