Jademorgan1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m currently in yr 12 and I would like to do medicine at uni and I’m wondering what epq project I should do, the topics I am considering are rheumatoid arthritis (but I am struggling to think of a question) and protein supplements ( are they actually effective?)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jademorgan1)
I’m currently in yr 12 and I would like to do medicine at uni and I’m wondering what epq project I should do, the topics I am considering are rheumatoid arthritis (but I am struggling to think of a question) and protein supplements ( are they actually effective?)
Some pointers on EPQ:

1. Make sure you have enough time to do it. Look and consider other aspects of your application.
2. Make sure the unis you are applying to will take it into consideration.
3. Read the specification for EPQ and understand what it is and what they want.
4. before choosing a topic, then have an open mind and just research, reading many articles about issues and possible topics.
5. When you know more then you will be in a better position to see which potential topics are out there and you can test whether it has the potential for 5000 words from you.
6. Dont forget they are not looking for a how to guide, but an investigation/ examination of a topic, which involves research, investigation, methodology, analysis and individual evaluation.
7. Make an early start and get the bulk of it out of the way as early as possible as you will not have time later.
8. It does help you stand out and creates a plus for any interview, but it is no good if it will be at the expense of grades or other aspects of your application.

Ps learn more about your topics and a question or angle of investigation should become apparent. You dont need the exact tite at the moment, so dont fret. I would be working on several issues and gradually narrowing them down. the research will help you achieve that.
Jademorgan1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Some pointers on EPQ:

1. Make sure you have enough time to do it. Look and consider other aspects of your application.
2. Make sure the unis you are applying to will take it into consideration.
3. Read the specification for EPQ and understand what it is and what they want.
4. before choosing a topic, then have an open mind and just research, reading many articles about issues and possible topics.
5. When you know more then you will be in a better position to see which potential topics are out there and you can test whether it has the potential for 5000 words from you.
6. Dont forget they are not looking for a how to guide, but an investigation/ examination of a topic, which involves research, investigation, methodology, analysis and individual evaluation.
7. Make an early start and get the bulk of it out of the way as early as possible as you will not have time later.
8. It does help you stand out and creates a plus for any interview, but it is no good if it will be at the expense of grades or other aspects of your application.

Ps learn more about your topics and a question or angle of investigation should become apparent. You dont need the exact tite at the moment, so dont fret. I would be working on several issues and gradually narrowing them down. the research will help you achieve that.
Thankyou so much that’s really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads