The Student Room Group

Fare fine

I got a fine from the midland trains of 20£ and then 60£ and they threatended to take me to court but the name i gave is fake. And i dont live in england rn but the address is my uncles.

Will i be okay or should i pay it off?
your uncle will be receiving a visit from the debt collectors if you do not pay up. he will realise it was you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I got a fine from the midland trains of 20£ and then 60£ and they threatended to take me to court but the name i gave is fake. And i dont live in england rn but the address is my uncles.

Will i be okay or should i pay it off?

is your uncle your legal guardian. how old are you?

if over 18 you might have to fend for yourself and be legally responsible.

tbh, if you gave a fake name and your uncle receives the letter there is a chance he can say that it wasn't him and escape the fine, however if somehow they realise there is a young man living there matching the description of the fare dodger and have cctv or something of the inspector catching you [which can identify you] then you're caught basically.

if it were me i'd pay the fine as the risks of getting done for an offence is higher [as you gave an address literally too close to home]

also it is a criminal offence to supply false details to an inspector, so if you do pay it you'd better have a good excuse to why someone else is paying the bill [incase they ask]

really what you should have done when caught is refuse to give your details, and then the guy would try for a while ..and then throw you off the train or demand you get off at the next station. If no police are present he's not going to be able to to forcibly extract details from you.

they don't pay him enough to wrestle you to the ground searching for your ID, ..and tbh he's not authorised within the law to do that anyway...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
make this comment more interesting-ey !!

you bumped a thread from 51 years ago dude.

I should report you

Quick Reply

Latest