The Student Room Group

What happens if you don't ask a question in the conversation part of Spanish Speaking

I sat my Spanish speaking exam yesterday (Friday) and I thought it went well. However, looking back on it, I don't think I asked the teacher a question during the conversation part.

The booklet given to teachers states:

"It is a requirement for the candidate to ask you at least one question during the General Conversation; this can happen at any time during this section of the test. If, towards the end of the General Conversation, the candidate has not asked you a question, you must prompt this by asking the candidate in Spanish, ‘Is there anything you want to ask me?’"

However, at the end of the conversation my teacher didn't prompt me to ask a question, so I think she may have thought I did during the exam.

If you don't ask a question in the exam, are you docked a number of points, held at a certain grade boundary, have to redo the exam or does nothing happen?
I think you just lose a couple of marks. If your teacher didn't prompt you then maybe you did ask one? Remember, even asking 'how are you' counts as a question.
Reply 2
Lol it all passed so quickly so maybe I did? Thanks.
Original post by revenzeum
I sat my Spanish speaking exam yesterday (Friday) and I thought it went well. However, looking back on it, I don't think I asked the teacher a question during the conversation part.

The booklet given to teachers states:

"It is a requirement for the candidate to ask you at least one question during the General Conversation; this can happen at any time during this section of the test. If, towards the end of the General Conversation, the candidate has not asked you a question, you must prompt this by asking the candidate in Spanish, ‘Is there anything you want to ask me?’"

However, at the end of the conversation my teacher didn't prompt me to ask a question, so I think she may have thought I did during the exam.

If you don't ask a question in the exam, are you docked a number of points, held at a certain grade boundary, have to redo the exam or does nothing happen?

you only loose one mark
what was the photocard
You get tasered. Joking, you’ll loose a mark or two.
Reply 5
Original post by karlas123
you only loose one mark
what was the photocard

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Quick Reply

Latest