Turn on thread page Beta

What is he doing? Does he like me? watch

There's this lad who I go to school with. He's nice, and seems very interested in me. We have been talking basically non-stop for 20 odd days, with a range of flirting (from talking about interests to full on flirting). There have been moments when he has tried to kiss me and others where he is asking if I'm ok and he has said he cares about me.

However he has a girlfriend. She apparently is distant, doesn't speak much and cheats a lot. It doesn't sound like a proper relationship, but you can't be certain. Whenever I ask him about it or what he wants, he says 'why?' or 'what do you mean?'. In the past he has said he wants me to say I like him, but I'm not sure if he wants me to tell him to break up with her or something.

He also sent a really weird message yesterday, which he said wasn't meant for me but his girlfriend. He wasn't panicked that I saw it, and he knew I had friends round too. It could have referred to me, and it was going on about lads chasing after her, which I feel you wouldn't say. All week my friends had been going on about other lads I was talking to in front of him, so he may have been trying to make me jealous but I don't want to jump to that conclusion either.

What am I meant to do?

bump

Maybe just talk to him about the issue ? It seems pretty clear that he likes you but do you feel the same?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    There's this lad who I go to school with. He's nice, and seems very interested in me. We have been talking basically non-stop for 20 odd days, with a range of flirting (from talking about interests to full on flirting). There have been moments when he has tried to kiss me and others where he is asking if I'm ok and he has said he cares about me.

However he has a girlfriend. She apparently is distant, doesn't speak much and cheats a lot. It doesn't sound like a proper relationship, but you can't be certain. Whenever I ask him about it or what he wants, he says 'why?' or 'what do you mean?'. In the past he has said he wants me to say I like him, but I'm not sure if he wants me to tell him to break up with her or something.

He also sent a really weird message yesterday, which he said wasn't meant for me but his girlfriend. He wasn't panicked that I saw it, and he knew I had friends round too. It could have referred to me, and it was going on about lads chasing after her, which I feel you wouldn't say. All week my friends had been going on about other lads I was talking to in front of him, so he may have been trying to make me jealous but I don't want to jump to that conclusion either.

What am I meant to do?

Maybe just talk to him about the issue ? It seems pretty clear that he likes you but do you feel the same?
    I feel the same but I just don't think that he does really like me given the whole girlfriend situation, and he is so obsessed with keeping it all a secret

I feel the same but I just don't think that he does really like me given the whole girlfriend situation, and he is so obsessed with keeping it all a secret
    It's a hard one. If he's doing that with her, he might do the same with you too (hopefully not). It might be an idea to move on and find someone more deserving of your time. You honestly deserve the best and if he can't be honest with you or give you an explanation about her, I'd move on

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.