unexpecteduk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Teachers wouldnt let me do higher science and my life is ruined. I fixed the problem with maths instantly and I've been doing higher for a while.

I'll give my current grades
English Language - 7+ TARGETED 6
Maths 5+ (HIGHER) TARGETED 7
Double Science AQA- 4 (FOUNDATION) TARGET IS 6 despite sitting foundation
English Literature (Did it last year achieved a 5) TARGET WAS 6
Spanish (3+ FOUNDATION) - not prioritising spanish, Science is my main focus TARGET IS 6
History 4+ TARGET IS 6
Business Studies A TARGET B
Art 4+ TARGET 6

I feel like i've ruined my life with GCSE's in a couple of weeks. And I wanted to do higher science so bad. I feel so disheartened and it's affecting me mentally, I just feel so bad being in foundation and it ruined my mock results and my ego...
I dont know what to do anymore
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by unexpecteduk)
Teachers wouldnt let me do higher science and my life is ruined. I fixed the problem with maths instantly and I've been doing higher for a while.

I'll give my current grades
English Language - 7+
Maths 5+ (HIGHER)
Double Science AQA- 4 (FOUNDATION)
English Literature (Did it last year achieved a 5)
Spanish (3+ FOUNDATION) - not prioritising spanish, Science is my main focus
History 4+
Business Studies A
Art 4+

I feel like i've ruined my life with GCSE's in a couple of weeks. And I wanted to do higher science so bad. I feel so disheartened and it's affecting me mentally, I just feel so bad being in foundation and it ruined my mock results and my ego...
I dont know what to do anymore
You most certainly have not ruined your life, please do not feel down and remove the negative thoughts because they will impact your actual results. You have a lot of doors open to you even without doing Higher Science, just make sure you do the best that you can
unexpecteduk
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
You most certainly have not ruined your life, please do not feel down and remove the negative thoughts because they will impact your actual results. You have a lot of doors open to you even without doing Higher Science, just make sure you do the best that you can
I just feel so bad that I'm doing foundation even though im better than alot of people in the set above whos doing higher.
I stay awake at night just to watch science revision videos over and over
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by unexpecteduk)
I just feel so bad that I'm doing foundation even though im better than alot of people in the set above whos doing higher.
I stay awake at night just to watch science revision videos over and over
Don't compare yourself to others... if they don't deserve to be in Higher or whatever thats their problem.

Why were you placed in Foundation? Did you not do as good in a Science mock? Smash it and prove your teachers wrong, also excel in your other subjects. We face disappointments in life, but in the future it all connects to make something amazing that we can't predict.
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
did you plan to a-level science
Kirkhamm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly, GCSEs aren't that important at all. Just get the grades you need to get into college and then make sure you take the subjects you want for A levels.
Alexty28
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you think that you can do better? If you do really think so then try to convince the teachers for a last minute switch, but you might have to pay at this point. I was put into foundation when I was doing Science because I got a D in my mock, however I convinced them to switch me then I got a B in the real thing. But that's because I knew I could do better.

Unless you are planning on doing science in the future, then it really doesn't matter either. There is no Science GCSE requirement for anything in life except if you are planning on doing something involving Science, however most be are expected to get at least a pass in at least one GCSE science GCSE. It's only GCSE Science,it really has no impact.
Mrs X
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
my daughter sat foundation tier in her chemistry an got B overall. She was scared to take a higher tier, she regrets it now, but anyway, you can get B if your practical work with high marks and top marks with foundation paper
unexpecteduk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexty28)
Do you think that you can do better? If you do really think so then try to convince the teachers for a last minute switch, but you might have to pay at this point. I was put into foundation when I was doing Science because I got a D in my mock, however I convinced them to switch me then I got a B in the real thing. But that's because I knew I could do better.

Unless you are planning on doing science in the future, then it really doesn't matter either. There is no Science GCSE requirement for anything in life except if you are planning on doing something involving Science, however most be are expected to get at least a pass in at least one GCSE science GCSE. It's only GCSE Science,it really has no impact.
I got a grade 4 in my mock overall, and i think i can do way better like a grade 6....
I just want to get my targeted grade
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mrs X)
you can get B if your practical work with high marks and top marks with foundation paper
There isn't a practical element to the GCSE grade any more. It is 100% assessed by exam.
Mrs X
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
There isn't a practical element to the GCSE grade any more. It is 100% assessed by exam.
oh, sorry. I didnt realize this is a new system now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (123)
41.55%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (33)
11.15%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.43%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (66)
22.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.42%

Watched Threads