The Student Room Group

I’m never going to date another man; convince me otherwise

Basically I’m bi but the majority of my experiences with guys have been garbage. I find women easier to read and understand and deal with issues with. I don’t know if my taste in men is just worse than with women, but the most recent guy has honestly just put me off. Admittedly he’d never dated anyone before, but he did all the bad stereotypes of boys in relationships (and broke my heart repeatedly). I recently made amends and apologised (despite me not being in the wrong, I’m not being stubborn I’m being honest) because I wanted to be ‘the bigger man’ and he said we were cool and blocked me. I want to give guys another chance but maybe I’ll have to make them work a bit harder (which I always thought was stupid but hey ho). Can anyone convince me that there are actual intelligent (by that I mean wise) guys out there who are passionate and kind? They all never seem to come in one package 😐
Wait are you a boy or a girl?
Reply 2
Original post by NickMbugua
Wait are you a boy or a girl?

Girl :smile:
after my first and only experience with a guy I find myself wishing I liked girls he caused wayyy more upset than it and he was worth
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
after my first and only experience with a guy I find myself wishing I liked girls he caused wayyy more upset than it and he was worth

Ah gosh, see?? I’m so grateful I have other options, good luck 😩
I don’t feel the need to convince you otherwise. Do what makes you happy!
Reply 6
Basically I’m bi but the majority of my experiences with guys have been garbage. I find women easier to read and understand and deal with issues with. I don’t know if my taste in men is just worse than with women, but the most recent guy has honestly just put me off. Admittedly he’d never dated anyone before, but he did all the bad stereotypes of boys in relationships (and broke my heart repeatedly). I recently made amends and apologised (despite me not being in the wrong, I’m not being stubborn I’m being honest) because I wanted to be ‘the bigger man’ and he said we were cool and blocked me. I want to give guys another chance but maybe I’ll have to make them work a bit harder (which I always thought was stupid but hey ho). Can anyone convince me that there are actual intelligent (by that I mean wise) guys out there who are passionate and kind? They all never seem to come in one package 😐

The fact that you are bi suggests that you perhaps don't take your relations seriously enough (understandable at a young age) and ergo perhaps are not putting in the thought you should. Although your last boyfriend was clearly in the wrong, the fact that he cheated and presumably lied about it means that you chose to be with a man who demonstrates inferior traits like disloyalty and a lack of honour.

Instead of going for the hot guy you have a crush on, most women would be better served by finding 10 men that they are only a little attracted to (some attraction must exist) and then narrowing down from that list those men who possess superior personality traits. Loyalty, seeing the value of honour, not behaving like an adolescent monkey, having ambition.
Reply 7
Original post by Rakas21
The fact that you are bi suggests that you perhaps don't take your relations seriously enough (understandable at a young age) and ergo perhaps are not putting in the thought you should. Although your last boyfriend was clearly in the wrong, the fact that he cheated and presumably lied about it means that you chose to be with a man who demonstrates inferior traits like disloyalty and a lack of honour.

Instead of going for the hot guy you have a crush on, most women would be better served by finding 10 men that they are only a little attracted to (some attraction must exist) and then narrowing down from that list those men who possess superior personality traits. Loyalty, seeing the value of honour, not behaving like an adolescent monkey, having ambition.

Interesting 🤔 not sure about that stereotype of being bi, but I only ever date people who’ve been my mates for a while, because I actually know them. I don’t date for the sake of dating, I date someone because I’ve come to know them and want to know them even more, you know? But that’s interesting:smile:
Reply 8
Interesting 🤔 not sure about that stereotype of being bi, but I only ever date people who’ve been my mates for a while, because I actually know them. I don’t date for the sake of dating, I date someone because I’ve come to know them and want to know them even more, you know? But that’s interesting:smile:

Had this person cheated on women previously?
I suggest you stick to being a lesbians... Hearing your story it didn't make sense do if guy sent working out for you then by all means go to girls... Cos if your expecting guys out there to stop two girl from hooking up then your wrong. Keep it up!!!

God thank you for the gift of life for I am blessed to witness such in life...

Ummm you come off as a control freak or your very hot... You say you prefer girls now but if a guy likes you.... Your gonna make him work for it? 😂 that's just playing too strong. Cos your story doesn't sound right. Why would the guy block you if he wronged you? Can u explain more?

Quick Reply

Latest