Turn on thread page Beta

Computer games during A levels watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether playing on things like the PS4, will it affect my grades at all in any way if I only go on it on breaks during my study sessions?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ismaeel_90)
    I was wondering whether playing on things like the PS4, will it affect my grades at all in any way if I only go on it on breaks during my study sessions?
    Depends how much in control and how good your revision is. Can you just do 30-60 mins at the end of the day? tbh with the addictive nature, then for the 10 weeks left I think you should put the PS4 away and settle for more sleep, music, bath, walk or a film. You cna play as much as you like after, but for now it takes time, which costs marks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I completely understand what you’re saying. What I’m trying to understand is that does it actually have an effect on your revision though? For example, I heard someone say that playing PS4 causes you to forget everything you revised. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Plus, yes I’m aware that exam season is near. But I was asking the question in general terms, whenever it may be, even at the beginning of the course.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.