The Student Room Group

Info about children

I have 2 children who live with me and my husband - the form refers to them being wholly dependent on me but obviously they are a joint enterprise! But I will need childcare for them while I study so I do need to declare them. Do I put them on my loan application? If not how do I get the parental support/childcare help?

Thanks
Original post by never-2-old
I have 2 children who live with me and my husband - the form refers to them being wholly dependent on me but obviously they are a joint enterprise! But I will need childcare for them while I study so I do need to declare them. Do I put them on my loan application? If not how do I get the parental support/childcare help?

Thanks

Hi never-2-old,

If you have dependents and you are wishing to apply for Childcare Grant and Parental Learning allowance you would declare them on your application.

You will also be required to send in a childcare Application CCG1 Form along the below evidence to support your application.
Please also find the link to the CCG1 form below.
https://bit.ly/2BYXi9C

A photocopy of the Child's Birth Certificate (for each child). If the Child's Birth Certificate cannot be provided then we can accept a photocopy of the child's valid Passport*
and either

Most recent Child Tax Credit Award letter (TCAN) which must name the student or

Most recent Child Benefit letter (CBL) which can be in the name of either the student or their partner/spouse (If a student is over 25 and has their partner linked to their student finance account, we can accept the Child Benefit letter in their partner/spouses name)** or

Universal Credit (UC) Award letter (must show the student receives the Child Element of UC)

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending