Best Game boy games out there

Watch
m005eman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just wondering about peoples opinions on their favourite game boy games , as I've fixed up my old gameboy, and got final fantasy VI on order as I lost my original cartridge.

My top 5 are:

Final Fantasy VI

Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening

Wario land 4 (so many memories playing this game, so more of a personal thing)

Mario Kart super circuit

Yugioh World wide edition (again, personal memories of playing this game for hours on end)

Always wanted to try out Chronotrigger, especially because of all the rave around it.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m005eman)
Just wondering about peoples opinions on their favourite game boy games , as I've fixed up my old gameboy, and got final fantasy VI on order as I lost my original cartridge.

My top 5 are:

Final Fantasy VI

Mario Kart super circuit

Yugioh World wide edition (again, personal memories of playing this game for hours on end)

Always wanted to try out Chronotrigger, especially because of all the rave around it.
I don't think anything beats Pokemon RBY.

Bomberman and Warioland sticks out too.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This. But also Shadowgate Classic, Pokemon (Blue was what I went with), Super Mario Land 1 & 2, Harvest Moon and Worms.

Can't go wrong with Tetris either.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Retro game thread, like it! the five best games to name is hard.

Mega Man I
Mega Man IV
Pokemon: blue Edition
Wario Land
Zelda: Link's awakening

Looks like it was easier than I thought.

(Original post by UWS)
I don't think anything beats Pokemon RBY.

Bomberman and Warioland sticks out too.
Maybe pokemon gold and silver? the crystal edition existed for game boy too, even if it was the color one only.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Putting aside the obvious picks in the first two generations of Pokémon, Advance Wars 2 and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones are two absolutely stellar strategy games and when run through an emulator are probably the best strategy games you can get on a smartphone.

Any idea which of the GBA Yu-Gi-Oh games is best for single player? I'm looking for a single player card game for my phone to cure my Hearthstone itch while I'm away with work.
MoonLordGorblack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Putting aside the obvious picks in the first two generations of Pokémon, Advance Wars 2 and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones are two absolutely stellar strategy games
FE8 is for plebs. FE7's way better
username3922022
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is my kind of forum
Pokemon red/blue
and if your including gbc and gba generations 2 and 3 especially emerald
super mario land 1 + 2
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MoonLordGorblack)
FE8 is for plebs. FE7's way better
Just downloaded it, will give it a go :yy:
alan55
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My fav games in no particular order are: CS:GO, League of Legends, Pokemon Sun and Moon and Final Fantasy VII. Currently I play CS:GO most of the time.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alan55)
My fav games in no particular order are: CS:GO, League of Legends, Pokemon Sun and Moon and Final Fantasy VII. Currently I play CS:GO most of the time. I use eSports platform at https://dreamteam.gg/csgo/players to find new players and take part in different tournaments. Playing with a team even more entertaining. This game is so competitive.

FF7 was not on gameboy
alan55
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
FF7 was not on gameboy
yes, it's just one of my fav games. Hope it will be eventually released on gameboy advanced one day
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alan55)
yes, it's just one of my fav games. Hope it will be eventually released on gameboy advanced one day

why would nintendo release FF7 for a dead system like the gameboy advance?

I played the ps1 version on my psp using custom firmware and the iso ...but that it the closest you will get atm to having FF7 on a handheld system.

I don't even think Nintendo have the rights to the game tbh....
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

My top 5 are:

Final Fantasy VI

Mario Kart super circuit

chrono trigger and pokemon yellow are highlights for me. the yu gi oh game tbh is annoying as you had to keep getting a new game to get new cards (nowadays stuff like ygopro or dueling nexus on the web are the same but auto update and dont require grinding...downside si that they have no story)
MongoDB
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Super Mario Land 2 is absolutely sublime. Probably the most underrated and overlooked Mario game ever released.
The Scotfather
Report 2 years ago

My top 5 are:

Final Fantasy VI

Mario Kart super circuit

Crash bandicoot!
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mongodb)
Super Mario Land 2 is absolutely sublime. Probably the most underrated and overlooked Mario game ever released.
It is different compared to another Mario games: collect six golden coins to enter Wario's castle for final fight. Nice element of this game: the sub-worlds and thus the stages are selectable!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise