The Student Room Group

My maths teacher moved to foundation and now is not moving to higher!

I'm currently studying in year 11, and in about January this year my maths teacher moved me down to foundation level i have tried so many times to ask him and even the head of maths to move me back up which he said would happen in 3 weeks but still hasn't!!! I'm getting really frustrated and feel like giving up all together! I don't know what to do know he gave me a test before last half term to "show my performance" but hasn't given my paper or even told or hinted to me that I will move up again. He said to me in year 10 that I'll definitely be doing higher and had lots of faith in me but after year 10 was done, he became very weird towards me i supposed he didnt like then...

Please help me what should i do to finally persuade my teacher??
If you're doing your GCSEs in a few weeks I think it might now be too late to change what exam you are entered for but honestly just stalk your teachers and wear them down with why you haven't been moved if you are capable
It's unlikely you will change Tier now as the cost will be prohibitively expensive.
Reply 3
Original post by meredith2017
If you're doing your GCSEs in a few weeks I think it might now be too late to change what exam you are entered for but honestly just stalk your teachers and wear them down with why you haven't been moved if you are capable

i have asked loads of times but i can't my teacher at lunch times to talk to... and i recently did a new foundation test which i did okay in but only had
less than 1 hr to get an 1.5 hr paper done!! i did get 57 f and 31 in h but i honestly dk what to do because i wanted at least a B and really an A im so upset its mentally affecting me i think.
Reply 4
im doing foundation now i did it today hopefully i will get at least 57-60/80 for a g5 in each paper and resit in november or sept dunno which month for at least a b (g6) or a A (g7) if i proeprly revise in hols x WISH ME ALL THE GOOD LUCK FOR GCSES AND MATHS RE DO!!! thanks for the help x
good luck!! :crossedf:
Reply 6
Original post by laurawatt
good luck!! :crossedf:

Thank you!!! the first papers I've done so maths is next week so the 1st one was okay quite easy but it was all 5 markers legit the end was hard paper 2 was harder it was the p1 topics WISH ME LUCK FOR ALL THE REST IVE GOT ALL 3 SCIENCES AND FOR MATHS LAST P3!! 💖💖👍😂😂😅

Quick Reply

Latest