Turn on thread page Beta

Tongue piercing and food watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    have you thought about chocolate mousse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream_Catcher)
    I got my tongue pierced today and I'm just wondering what types of foods I can eat. I tried chicken soup but that was a little too hard and also I really don't want to be eating it for 2-3 days.

My tongue is a little swollen and I'm still finding it hard to swallow sivila so I’ll need something smooth. I’m also going to try some ice cream if I can manage not to get it everywhere.

Thanks
    I got mine done a few weeks ago so I know what ur feeling (so anoying when you are starving and cant eat anything!!!) I ate lots of ice cream which helped the swelling, also iced water and slush is also a good idea. After a few days try mash and gravy because you should be able to eat that. Also I had cup a soup through a straw, this wasnt that bad but got a bit boring after a while. Within a week you should be able to eat what ever you like, but becareful the next few days as you will be getting used to the bar and you will catch it so many times until you learn not to catch it off your teeth when you talk or eat. (It tends to hurt so you will catch on quickly:yep:)

Hope that helps :rolleyes:
    Rainbow55

ReputationRep:
    I stuck to soup but on the 3rd day I was ok to eat softer solid food. Talking was still a struggle and the bar whilst eating got in the way so I tried to put the food on one side

ReputationRep:
    Hi I got my tongue piercing yesterday, I got baby food and tried eating it but it was hard to swallow. Then the next day my tongue swell up a bit but my tongue piercing hurts when I eat. What do I do?

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.