The Student Room Group

Should I keep dating this short guy?

Hi I am about 5'6 and my current boyfriend is about 5'4. He lets me wear high heels and all and doesn't seem to care about the height difference. But it bothers me, I don't like being next to him that much, it makes me feel masculine. He is very sweet and caring and has never done anything bad to me. I am just used to going out with guys who are like 5'9+.

Scroll to see replies

Thing is you are body shaming and that's bad, but the whole purpose of dating is to see what our type is. Then again if you're put off because what you think other people think, then to be honest you should grow up and he deserves better given that he's not controlling and as you say is sweet and caring- just being honest
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I am about 5'6 and my current boyfriend is about 5'4. He lets me wear high heels and all and doesn't seem to care about the height difference. But it bothers me, I don't like being next to him that much, it makes me feel masculine. He is very sweet and caring and has never done anything bad to me. I am just used to going out with guys who are like 5'9+.

it depends are you still attracted to him?

i told my gf i didn't care about her weight as her personality was more important, but I couldn't get an erection infront of her so i had to dump.
Masculine? This is the 21st century, there is no difference between men and women.
How old is he? He may still have time to grow
Shouldn't personality matter more anyway?
Original post by CollectiveSoul
it depends are you still attracted to him?

i told my gf i didn't care about her weight as her personality was more important, but I couldn't get an erection infront of her so i had to dump.

See that's the attitude to be having- I mean with my ex I never really felt attracted to her body (even in lingerie) but I cared about her for who she was
Reply 6
Well it's pretty shallow to dump someone because of their height.
Original post by Trillo
Well it's pretty shallow to dump someone because of their height.

You missed the prime opportunity to use 'small' instead of shallow. :wink:
Welp, you've learned that you prefer guys who are taller than you (like vast majority of girls). Nothing wrong with it. Seeing as you did agree to go out with him means that the height didn't bother you at first. At the end of the day, it's still a shallow reason but, you cannot control what you feel e.g. "masculine".

Break up with him if it's a deal breaker. He can do better and you can find someone taller than you. Win-Win, eh?

Bothers you that much then end it so he can find someone who isn't as shallow as you.
Short men are weak. You deserve a real man.
Masculine? This is the 21st century, there is no difference between men and women.

can men give birth

he's not insecure

Looks matter, fact, however ideally next time dont get into a relationship with a shorter man if you don't like that. Break up if your not attracted now but avoid it next

Really?? Haha!! There are quite a few differences no matter what century it is.
'Modern day feminists be like'
Buy him some elevator shoes.
I don't really see the point of asking this on a forum.

It's entirely up to you. At the end of the day, it's no secret that short guys are unattractive, so if you aren't physically attracted to him, then there's no point in dating him.

On the other hand, if you are still attracted to him and like him, then why not just continue dating him?

It's completely a personal decision for you.
Yes leave him
He deserves someone better
He shouldn't be with someone that doesn't see past his height
'Modern day feminists be like'

Original post by Mike Johnson
Really?? Haha!! There are quite a few differences no matter what century it is.

Original post by goldstarfish101
can men give birth

I'm not entirely surprised this patriarchal society can't fathom the fact there is no such thing as man or woman. Genders are a social construct, it doesn't exist, we are all the same. Enough TSR for me today.

Quick Reply

Latest