The Student Room Group

To ugly for a boyfriend ?

Okay I don’t even know how to word this but is there such thing as being to ugly to get a boyfriend cause I think that’s me. Basically I’m 19 but have never had a boyfriend or even been on a date. No guys ever seems interested in me even when we go out on nights out they always approach my friends and not me. I dont know what I could do to help the situation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Okay I don’t even know how to word this but is there such thing as being to ugly to get a boyfriend cause I think that’s me. Basically I’m 19 but have never had a boyfriend or even been on a date. No guys ever seems interested in me even when we go out on nights out they always approach my friends and not me. I dont know what I could do to help the situation

Honestly guys approach girls based on looks. Hows your face body and style?
You’re not ugly at all, you’re beautiful. 😊
sis same. I turn 19 next month and I'm literally in the same boat. We should be friends :biggrin: Don't worry our time will come. Peng boys are waiting for us.
Reply 4
Don’t worry your time will come. Try your hardest to be content with your alone time, figure out what makes only you happy & be CONFIDENT. Don’t try and fit in cuz at the end of the day you will not be 100% yourself.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
You’re not ugly at all, you’re beautiful. 😊

Useless replies like this do nothing.

Hi

Sorry to see that you experience this kind of problem but it may just be that you haven't met many boys or even on your nights out only catch the eye of a boy or two.

But yeah if you do want to talk about something anonymously, feel free to drop me a PM, I'm not a psychiatrist but can sure give you friendly advice.
Wear a mask?

Can't tell if this is a troll.
Reply 8
Then change what you can change.

Become fit, have good style, hair and make up. It’s unlikely you can be ’too ugly’ if you have those things.
Original post by OMGitsChunky
Hi

Sorry to see that you experience this kind of problem but it may just be that you haven't met many boys or even on your nights out only catch the eye of a boy or two.

But yeah if you do want to talk about something anonymously, feel free to drop me a PM, I'm not a psychiatrist but can sure give you friendly advice.

It’s not really anonymous then
Or, now bear with me, you are too beautiful/attractive for them to make a move on you, thinking that there is no hope for them. This is also a possibility. Don't always go with the negative assumption.
Reply 11
So, unless you are above average looks (which most of us aren't) you have to work on it and suffer many blow outs which is very soul destroying. But attractiveness is half physical appearance and half personality and the trick is to play to your strengths and work on your weakness in both camps and, most importantly, to just keep going. When you do this things work out.
Lose weight/workout + apply makeup.

Makes any girl attractive.
Original post by Cereidee
sis same. I turn 19 next month and I'm literally in the same boat. We should be friends :biggrin: Don't worry our time will come. Peng boys are waiting for us.

Me 3 , always unrequited crushes, one boy who I thought was was a decent guy pretended to like me for sex and that's my non existent love life
There's no such thing as being too ugly for a partner.

There's such thing as the matching hypothesis. Ugly guys will go for ugly girls. So if you're ugly (i'm not saying you are bc I haven't seen you), an ugly guy will tend to speak to you.
Reply 15
Chads never seem interested in me even when we go out on nights out they always approach my friends and not me. I dont know what I could do to help the situation

fixed your wording up a little to accurately reflect what's actually going on when you go clubbing ....because i don't believe for one second you NEVER get approached

you are getting approached, it's just not by guys you deem worthy [always when women say they arn't approached if you pry hard enough you find they actually are]

my advice to you would be to lower your standards.......
Hahah I did not expect such a response, tbh let’s be real I don’t help myself out I hate random hookups like guys in clubs are only looking for one thing so I try hard to avoid it. Also in everyday life I live in a all girls flat all girls course all girls friends so I’m not helping the situation, somehow gotta find males to be friends with ahh
Hahah I did not expect such a response, tbh let’s be real I don’t help myself out I hate random hookups like guys in clubs are only looking for one thing so I try hard to avoid it. Also in everyday life I live in a all girls flat all girls course all girls friends so I’m not helping the situation, somehow gotta find males to be friends with ahh

Do you have a fit body?
Original post by Kirkhamm
There's no such thing as being too ugly for a partner.

There's such thing as the matching hypothesis. Ugly guys will go for ugly girls. So if you're ugly (i'm not saying you are bc I haven't seen you), an ugly guy will tend to speak to you.

Yeah true but I always like people hotter than me but beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Original post by ANM775
fixed your wording up a little to accurately reflect what's actually going on when you go clubbing ....because i don't believe for one second you NEVER get approached

you are getting approached, it's just not by guys you deem worthy [always when women say they arn't approached if you pry hard enough you find they actually are]

my advice to you would be to lower your standards.......

I don't see this as much. Is student night clubbing the same as adult night clubbing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending