Foundation paper for triple science?

Watch
username3847062
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I received my timetable for my GCSEs and for the sciences, it had an "(F)" next to it. I assumed that this meant foundation so I was wondering, what's the highest grade you can get on foundation?

I'm absolutely bummed out about this. I was predicted that I would be doing the higher paper but I had to take a year off due to mental health issues (Year 10 - mid way through year 11). When I got back to starting school again and revision I was/am whizzing through the papers and find them relatively easy. I'm going to be so disappointing if the highest grade is going to be a 5 because I know that I can do better than that.

Not to sound cocky or anything, but I sacrificed everything in the five years running up to the GCSEs including friends, extra curriculum activities, and my mental health and to be told that I'm going to be doing a foundation paper anyway makes me feel worthless. I could have had friends and enjoyed school and I would still be doing the foundation paper but I don't have any of that. Instead, I have mental health issues, no friends and no life, and I have to do foundation paper.

What I'm trying to say is I need some help from anyone in the same/similar boat as me. What am I supposed to do if the grades only go up to 5?
year 11 revise
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
highest grade in foundation 5-5
year 11 revise
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
please pm me
username2899906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by year 11 revise)
highest grade in foundation 5-5
Triple so just 5.
year 11 revise
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
oh yeah sorry my bad
(Original post by Goldfish4343)
Triple so just 5.
sorry my bad
beastrahim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i was told it was 6
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (79)
37.8%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (14)
6.7%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.4%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.66%

Watched Threads