The Student Room Group

Debate a "Flat Earther"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drummond
I can tell you it does not say that it's a ball. How can it be flat if there are mountains? But it's one hundred percent not a ball, let alone a spinning ball.

How do you know it isn't a ball? It makes more sense than it being flat when you consider every other planet in the universe is the shape of a ball and seriouly MOUNTAINS!? That is your argument for the existence of a flat earth? MOUNTAINS?!!! Oh my days, why are flat earthers so adament on proving they are stupid, I mean, we get it, your an idiot. You don't have to keep reminding us.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Shshsjakk
How do you know it isn't a ball? It makes more sense than it being flat when you consider every other planet in the universe is the shape of a ball and seriouly MOUNTAINS!? That is your argument for the existence of a flat earth? MOUNTAINS?!!! Oh my days, why are flat earthers so adament on proving they are stupid, I mean, we get it, your an idiot you don't have to keep reminding us.

How do I know it isn't a ball? Are you for real lol?
How do I know it isn't a ball? Are you for real lol?

How do you know? Every astrophysicist will tell you that it is spherical.
Have you ever walked on a ball? Do you know what happens to people who are dumb enough to walk on balls? They kinda fall off them don't they?
NASA has a very strong motivation to lie about the shape of the Earth. People believing it's round instead of flat makes so much difference.
How do you know? Every astrophysicist will tell you that it is spherical.

And? You expect me to belive astrophysicists over God? If you want to believe you live on a spinning ball then crack on pal, but don't get all moody when the rest of us chuckle at your foolishness.

Matthew 15:14

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Welp??
And? You expect me to belive astrophysicists over God? If you want to believe you live on a spinning ball then crack on pal, but don't get all moody when the rest of us chuckle at your foolishness.

Matthew 15:14

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

This is supposed to be a debate and I am not getting moody I am just amazed by your ignorance. Also, your saying every astrophysicst is wrong and you are right when probably the only qualification you have is being a religious lunatic who thinks the Earth is flat despite it not even explicitly saying so in the Bible(which is most likely incorrect anyway).
(edited 5 years ago)
[QUOTE="Drummond;77238670"]Have you ever walked on a ball? Do you know what happens to people who are dumb enough to walk on balls? They kinda fall off them don't they?[/QUOTE

There is an explanation for why you do not fall off but you refuse to believe it because it contradicts the Flat Earth theory... GRAVITY!!!!!
Original post by RockyDennis
NASA has a very strong motivation to lie about the shape of the Earth. People believing it's round instead of flat makes so much difference.

What motivation do they have? They will not achieve anything from lying about the shape of the planet.
So by that logic if I get an A* in history I am alowed to say the Tudors were mutant aliens from the future and no matter how dumb that sounds I will be correct

Yes, that's precisely how it works.
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Yes, that's precisely how it works.

You are either trolling or mentally retarded.
Have you ever walked on a ball? Do you know what happens to people who are dumb enough to walk on balls? They kinda fall off them don't they?

I have balls on my feet, don't you?
You are either trolling or mentally retarded.

I'm a sophisticated theorist, actually
There is an explanation for why you do not fall off but you refuse to believe it because it contradicts the Flat Earth theory... GRAVITY!!!!!

Now listen very carefully to what is being said here and understand.

Not any 'word' or any 'imaginary force' can make you believe that you are walking upside down on the bottom on a ball when you are not, okay?

Look..... if you go and climb into a pair of jeans whilst they're hanging on a washing line, is any 'word' of 'imaginary force' going to make you believe otherwise, to the fact, that you are hanging upside down from a washing line, in a pair of jeans?

Who is ignorant? You or me?
Now listen very carefully to what is being said here and understand.

Not any 'word' or any 'imaginary force' can make you believe that you are walking upside down on the bottom on a ball when you are not, okay?

Look..... if you go and climb into a pair of jeans whilst they're hanging on a washing line, is any 'word' of 'imaginary force' going to make you believe otherwise, to the fact, that you are hanging upside down from a washing line, in a pair of jeans?

Who is ignorant? You or me?

YOU! Do I really have to answer that?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Axiomasher
I have balls on my feet, don't you?

Okay then, balls right? Go and blow up a big beach ball, the size of Ben Nevis. Then glue snooker tables and pool tables to that ball, all around it, even to the bottom. Now put snooker balls on those snooker tables. What happens to those balls? And then try playing snooker on one of those snooker tables, try one of the side, where you believe England to be. And then ask your mum to spin the big beach ball whilst you are trying to play and then get back to us with how you got on.
[video="youtube;Tp1eZdtkdQM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp1eZdtkdQM[/video]
YOU! Do I really have to answer that?

Give it your best shot Spinning Ball Earthman. Entertain us.
Okay then, balls right? Go and blow up a big beach ball, the size of Ben Nevis. Then glue snooker tables and pool tables to that ball, all around it, even to the bottom. Now put snooker balls on those snooker tables. What happens to those balls? And then try playing snooker on one of those snooker tables, try one of the side, where you believe England to be. And then ask your mum to spin the big beach ball whilst you are trying to play and then get back to us with how you got on.

LITTLE WHAT.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest