The Student Room Group

Society is beginning to piss me to the max.

I'm 15, and I've already had enough of society.

I thought we'd sorted our racism issue, years ago. Yet we've got a racist prime-minster. What is even worse is people are defending her racist acts calling them "mistakes".

People apparently believe in equality yet there are so many double standards.

Where do I begin? Where do I end? Society is f*cking fake.

Scroll to see replies

What has she done that is racist?
Reply 2
Maybe you’ll understand it better when you’re older.
I’ll ask this again, how is Theresa May racist?
Reply 4
Original post by orderofthelotus
What has she done that is racist?

When she was home sectary she released a leaflet "helping" Jamaicans being deported.

That leaflet said something like: "try to be ‘Jamaican’, use local accents and dialect"

Firstly, why are they deporting Jamaicans?

Secondly, they think Jamaicans who have grown up in Britain, can just put on a Jamaican accent just because that is their heritage? Racism.
did u just figure this out :/
Original post by Cod3tte
When she was home sectary she released a leaflet "helping" Jamaicans being deported.

That leaflet said something like: "try to be ‘Jamaican’, use local accents and dialect"

Secondly, they think Jamaicans who have grown up in Britain, can just put on a Jamaican accent just because that is their heritage? Racism.

At least try to post a source. Cmon, lets make TSR great again and not full of people who make claims and go off on an emotional tangent. Not saying you are though, but how do we know if what your saying is true?
Reply 7
Original post by Hiraeth.
At least try to post a source. Cmon, lets make TSR great again and not full of people who make claims and go off on an emotional tangent. Not saying you are though, but how do we know if what your saying is true?

Do you watch the news?

Here's your proof:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/british-residents-told-to-put-on-accents-when-deported-to-jamaica-a3815621.html
Reply 8
Original post by Gatts
Maybe you’ll understand it better when you’re older.

What is there to understand? Society is f*cked.
stop complaining like an old man, you're 15 for gods sake not some unemployed chav going through an existential crisis. ur so edgy
Reply 10
Original post by Cod3tte

I think they call that Jafakin’. Also, it’s blatantly obvious you have no idea what’s going on.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/17/outrage-over-guide-for-british-residents-being-deported-to-jamaica

Leaflet is from 2013. I assume they were in the country illegally, that’s usually the main grounds for deportation, not that I have evidence of this.
The huffington post also claims the leaflet was put together by Jamaican charities and NGOs, with help from the British High Comission in Kingston.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Gatts
I think they call that Jafakin’. Also, it’s blatantly obvious you have no idea what’s going on.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/british-residents-told-to-put-on-accents-when-deported-to-jamaica-a3815621.html
Reply 13
Original post by Andrew97
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/17/outrage-over-guide-for-british-residents-being-deported-to-jamaica

Leaflet is from 2013. I assume they were in the country illegally, that’s usually the main grounds for deportation, not that I have evidence of this.

Basically, the government ****ed up again these people (the Windrush migrants) were promised right of residency when they arrived here in the 60s, but apparently the Home Office changed that without telling them when May was Home Secretary.
Original post by Gatts
Basically, the government ****ed up again these people (the Windrush migrants) were promised right of residency when they arrived here in the 60s, but apparently the Home Office changed that without telling them when May was Home Secretary.

I don’t think the leaflet from 2013 is related to windrush (which is a total screw up).
Reply 15

Theresa May was home sectary for 6 years.

You assume, it isn't proved they were. The UK begged for people like this to come after the war, to help get the country back on it's feet. Now they've served their purpose they're basically being told to f*ck off. What kind of a thing is that? How is that not racist?

Yes of course I do! (NOPE do I heck)
Sorry if I hurt you :rofl: :wink:
But there you go. There's the mindset. Keep posting sources and we will get this site running like the great times.
Reply 17
I don’t think the leaflet from 2013 is related to windrush (which is a total screw up).

"A total screw up" is absolute bull.
Reply 18
Yes of course I do! (NOPE do I heck)
Sorry if I hurt you :rofl: :wink:
But there you go. There's the mindset. Keep posting sources and we will get this site running like the great times.

You didn't hurt me.

Your stupidity angers me that's all.
Original post by Cod3tte
Theresa May was home sectary for 6 years.

You assume, it isn't proved they were. The UK begged for people like this to come after the war, to help get the country back on it's feet. Now they've served their purpose they're basically being told to f*ck off. What kind of a thing is that? How is that not racist?

The 2013 leaflet was advice to those in the country illegally (according to the home office) not windrush.

Quick Reply

Latest