The Student Room Group

feeling unnatractive

i'm a girl, 14, i feel ugly most of the time and this has turned me into a shallow person i guess. I wish I was beautiful and the simple fact of it being such a shallow and narcissistic thought hurts me.
I don't dress up, in fact I don't like to, I don't have enough confidence to do so. I'm a tomboy, still, I would say i get boys attention I guess. I've been told on the streets that i'm pretty and such, been told by friends as well and that boys think I'm pretty. I just don't see it and I feel disgusting sometimes, compliments pass through me and insults stick. A boy that crushes me told me I was ugly in front of my two best friends and just laughed it off, saying that I had a nice personality tho... I feel so bad most of the time how did you guys get through it honestly? the feeling unnatractive part
Original post by Anonymous
i'm a girl, 14, i feel ugly most of the time and this has turned me into a shallow person i guess. I wish I was beautiful and the simple fact of it being such a shallow and narcissistic thought hurts me.
I don't dress up, in fact I don't like to, I don't have enough confidence to do so. I'm a tomboy, still, I would say i get boys attention I guess. I've been told on the streets that i'm pretty and such, been told by friends as well and that boys think I'm pretty. I just don't see it and I feel disgusting sometimes, compliments pass through me and insults stick. A boy that crushes me told me I was ugly in front of my two best friends and just laughed it off, saying that I had a nice personality tho... I feel so bad most of the time how did you guys get through it honestly? the feeling unnatractive part

Yeah a guy I like recently basically said I was facially ugly but had a good body (such bs lol). I'm sure you are pretty your friends and people wouldn't say it if you weren't. I'd say wear what makes you comfortable don't dress up cos some guy doesn't find you attractive. Also try not to look in th3 mirror too much or worry about what u look like all the time just think about other stuff that's more important. Don't be too harsh on yourself smile:smile:
Tbh I think I’m fugly and I just kinda take it in stride (is that the right phrase?). I’m never going to wear makeup to be more attractive, but I do take care of my body. I work out, have a good skin care routine, eat healthily and care for my natural hair. Being ugly means nobody hits on you, sends you **** pics and you don’t have to awkwardly reject guys. And you can have guy friends without them only being your friend for that one thing, and if someone likes you it means they really do. Idk what advice you could get out of this, but really look at yourself. Sure I have small eyes and a really unsymmetrical face, but my face is unique. And that’s kinda cool :smile: (Also I avoid mirrors whenever I’m out lmao). So all I suggest is take care of yourself, and see yourself as unique :smile: good luck mate
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah a guy I like recently basically said I was facially ugly but had a good body (such bs lol). I'm sure you are pretty your friends and people wouldn't say it if you weren't. I'd say wear what makes you comfortable don't dress up cos some guy doesn't find you attractive. Also try not to look in th3 mirror too much or worry about what u look like all the time just think about other stuff that's more important. Don't be too harsh on yourself smile:smile:

Why are people such savages 😩
Original post by dartagnankillian
Why are people such savages 😩

Ikr! This guy also thinks I'm gonna **** him... does he think I'm insane?! And he's not even hot himself
I was the same at 14 but I grew into my features ( I’m 17 now ). I was really insecure but now I’m more confident. Don’t worry bc you’re still growing and just be confident x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending