Middle Temple BPTC Interviews Watch

Mantra747
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Scholarship received - best of luck to the others!!
wkproductionz
Badges: 2
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Mantra747)
Scholarship received - best of luck to the others!!
how much is the scholarship worth? and which ones did you guys get?
IslaMcLachlan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Been awarded the Jules Thorn Scholarship- best of luck to everyone else.
jchee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys, may I know what kind of questions they asked in BPTC scholarship interviews?
RBSqueen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I was interviewed last year and was fortunate enough to be given a major award from Middle.

I was asked what my motivations are and how I plan to stay motivated throughout my career but mainly I was asked A LOT about my written application, so my best advice would be to know it inside out. Provide examples for things as much as you can, everyone says they want to be a barrister/practise in whatever area, but if you can say that you shadowed/worked in x and that inspired your choice then it makes it easier for the panel to believe in your commitment.
Best of luck for the interview - it is terrifying but a necessary experience. Middle is definitely the best inn and my panel were very friendly and welcoming so remember to smile when you go in
jchee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much for the reply! T.T I really really appreciate it! Hopefully my interviewers would be as friendly as yours!

Btw, do they ask legal questions or like perspective on current news like Brexit or maybe a recent case law I am studying etc etc? (more formal questions)?

(Original post by RBSqueen)So I was interviewed last year and was fortunate enough to be given a major award from Middle.

I was asked what my motivations are and how I plan to stay motivated throughout my career but mainly I was asked A LOT about my written application, so my best advice would be to know it inside out. Provide examples for things as much as you can, everyone says they want to be a barrister/practise in whatever area, but if you can say that you shadowed/worked in x and that inspired your choice then it makes it easier for the panel to believe in your commitment.
Best of luck for the interview - it is terrifying but a necessary experience. Middle is definitely the best inn and my panel were very friendly and welcoming so remember to smile when you go in
RBSqueen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes very likely that they will but it can depend. The best thing is to get email notifications or follow on social media any legal updates in the area you're interested in so you'll be up to date and can provide a specific example if asked.

I wasn't asked about Brexit but mentioned its impact on my area of law. Considering your interview will be soon after the 29th March I'm guessing - it wouldn't hurt to be clued up on it.

The truth is they can ask you about anything so just be genuine and take time to think through the answer. Even if you don't get what you want from it, it's great pupillage interview prep if nothing else!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed