Keynesian model vs classical model

Watch this thread
dont know it
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can someone explain this to me please? I am absolutely baffled by some things in particular such as:

What does Keynes idea of 'sticky wages' actually show?
Why does he think in the long run we can still be below the full employment level?
jpt4749
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
From my point of understanding

Classical approach assumes that aggregate supply curve is vertical so in the long run we always stick to the trend GDP and hence any deviation from it will be corrected back to the initial equilibrium with the change in the price level

Keynesian approach assumes that aggregate supply curve is flat or horizontal meaning prices & wages are sticky which take much longer to adjust than output or quantity. As such the deviation from potential GDP can occur anytime due to the cyclical trend creating economic fluctuations and consequent adjustments.

Please correct me if I’m mistaken though ^_^
dont know it
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Nathan9087)
From my point of understanding

Classical approach assumes that aggregate supply curve is vertical so in the long run we always stick to the trend GDP and hence any deviation from it will be corrected back to the initial equilibrium with the change in the price level

Keynesian approach assumes that aggregate supply curve is flat or horizontal meaning prices & wages are sticky which take much longer to adjust than output or quantity. As such the deviation from potential GDP can occur anytime due to the cyclical trend creating economic fluctuations and consequent adjustments.

Please correct me if I’m mistaken though ^_^
Thanks, yes from what I read you are indeed correct .
TylerDurden1
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Austrian economics is the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads