Turn on thread page Beta

Abusive ex and former friend... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've just been gaslighted. My abusive former friend called me delusional, repeatedly, hurling insults such as "crazy", "mentally ill", "irrational"

I mean, okay, he has a point on the mentally ill one, if he had been meaning THE SAME THING as me

The one word that really hit hard was delusional. As soon as that appeared on snapchat, I was in tears. I knew it was emotional abuse, and it got to the point where I blocked him while he was in the middle of typing because I couldn't sit and hear any more.

While I am typing through tears, I feel proud of myself for blocking him. I do feel I could have done that a week ago though, I just felt trapped by him.

I'm free, and I feel the effects of dropping him. It feels good.

Plus, suddenly my head fog is lifting a little, this can only mean good things in terms of my depression Still shaken by it regardless

ReputationRep:
    You should probably invest in a diary or make a blog because you’ve left the actual question part 👍🏽
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sorry to hear that :console: He sounds like a d***! Glad you blocked him, you dodged a bullet. The guy sounds very toxic...And you’re not delusional or crazy, he’s talking so much bs. Gosh some people are ignorant :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Sorry to hear that :console: He sounds like a d***! Glad you blocked him, you dodged a bullet. The guy sounds very toxic...And you’re not delusional or crazy, he’s talking so much bs. Gosh some people are ignorant :rolleyes:
    :hugs:you're such a great friend burrito <3 thank you
    I think he hated how popular I was and jealous of me being friends with you tbh, this is Andyboi we're talking about. He hated that I came back on here after he started being an a** and didn't like me talking about how happy I was with my friends on my course and with my friends on here. But I didn't, and still don't care. I love burrito, and all of my other friends, because they are the positive people I need to surround myself with.

You made my day bringing shameful_burrito back

ReputationRep:
    Just why are girls so eager to date? But more importantly how come I never see it happening?

ReputationRep:
    Blocking and making the clean break is the best thing you could do. Got to look after #1 first.

ReputationRep:
    have you seen your GP about your MH?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, People these days

On a serious note, glad you ditched him, don't even know the guy and he sounds like an utter ....

I know what it's like to be depressed and I had to do the same thing, to a lot of people I just ended up with so many toxic people in my life that were dragging me down all the time.

You're better off without them
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by getmeoffmyphone2)
    :hugs:you're such a great friend burrito <3 thank you
    I think he hated how popular I was and jealous of me being friends with you tbh, this is Andyboi we're talking about. He hated that I came back on here after he started being an a** and didn't like me talking about how happy I was with my friends on my course and with my friends on here. But I didn't, and still don't care. I love burrito, and all of my other friends, because they are the positive people I need to surround myself with.

You made my day bringing shameful_burrito back
    Whatttt :eek4: Andyboi seemed so nice...guess not. Anyways you did the right thing. Positive vibes only:rock:

ReputationRep:
    Whatttt :eek4: Andyboi seemed so nice...guess not. Anyways you did the right thing. Positive vibes only:rock:
    :laugh: that first emoji though, and yeah, honestly deep down he still loved me, he just refused to admit it and treated me like sh** instead. That's one way to hide your feelings I guess :rofl: what an a** lmao, i told him straight up, you can't treat me like this, and he went mad, made me laugh tbh

Can I just say, I am not feeling down right now, which is a small miracle.

All hail the burrito :lovehug:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :laugh: that first emoji though, and yeah, honestly deep down he still loved me, he just refused to admit it and treated me like sh** instead. That's one way to hide your feelings I guess :rofl: what an a** lmao, i told him straight up, you can't treat me like this, and he went mad, made me laugh tbh

Can I just say, I am not feeling down right now, which is a small miracle.

All hail the burrito :lovehug:
    Ngl I’m shook, didn’t expect you to say it was Andy:laugh: He seemed like one of those really chill guys who never gets mad at people and apologises even if he accidently touched your phone case haha. It’s good that you’re feeling better. You deserve to feel awesome :cool:

Heil! :fuhrer:

Spoiler:
    Show

JOKING with the Heil part:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ngl I’m shook, didn’t expect you to say it was Andy:laugh: He seemed like one of those really chill guys who never gets mad at people and apologises even if he accidently touched your phone case haha. It’s good that you’re feeling better. You deserve to feel awesome :cool:

Spoiler:
    Show

Seems like he's one of those 'nice lads' that wears a fedora and a waistcoat and thinks they are entitled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Seems like he's one of those 'nice lads' that wears a fedora and a waistcoat and thinks they are entitled.
    Dodo0099 only wears adidas, real man wears adidas opa
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Damn made me laugh out loud:rofl: It’s funny cause in his pic here he had a waistcoat. I’m sure he must have a nice fedora collection too, but he’s still missing the neckbeard to complete the look M’Lord!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo0099)
    Seen.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

:rofl: that was hilarious, yeah he has this warped idea that I'm a delusional weirdo and that the girl he left me for is perfect. And then he admitted yesterday that there's probably a reason she refuses to date anyone. What an idiot. Everyone has one struggle or another

but enough about him, you're the best <3
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Dodo0099)
    True Slav blood running through your cheeki breeki veins sir.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: that was hilarious, yeah he has this warped idea that I'm a delusional weirdo and that the girl he left me for is perfect. And then he admitted yesterday that there's probably a reason she refuses to date anyone. What an idiot. Everyone has one struggle or another

but enough about him, you're the best <3
    But you are perfect?

ReputationRep:
    Damn made me laugh out loud:rofl: It’s funny cause in his pic here he had a waistcoat. I’m sure he must have a nice fedora collection too, but he’s still missing the neckbeard to complete the look M’Lord!
    Haha oh did he?! Well, the evidence is there!

ReputationRep:
    True Slav blood running through your cheeki breeki veins sir.
    Da there is

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.