Anyone doing Edexcel Level 3 Maths In Context Core Maths? How do you revise for it?

Watch this thread
cmathsstudent123
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In my class we use the project book which has a picture of someone running, not the book with ants on it.
I've looked online and found nobody doing this course, if anyone does it - how do you revise for it since there are no past papers available online and no revision guides.
anonymous2867
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hiya, I do this course as well, there really isn't much sadly, which is really annoying!

How I revise is basically print out q booklets on the topics I don't understand. There are around 5 past papers, so ask your teacher to give them to you if she already hasn't. There's also a revision guide online, but I wouldn't recommend you buy it, I haven't.

Hope this helped

(Original post by cmathsstudent123)
In my class we use the project book which has a picture of someone running, not the book with ants on it.
I've looked online and found nobody doing this course if anyone does it - how do you revise it since there are no past papers available online and no revision guides.
jasminappleby
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I use my old S1 book and my teacher prints out Core Maths AQA papers, although not Edexcel it’s near enough the same
grilledpeach
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I Write out all the equations we need eg standard deviation and how to do them on a calculator then just go through questions from the revision guide we got given at school or i just read over how to do things.
Afellay
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
On Edexcel website there is a document called Mathematics in Context: Scheme of work. It includes all of the topics on the spec, so it could be treated as a checklist.
kathykp7
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got any predictions for the exam tomorrow? I'm thinking it'll be percentages for obesity, standard deviation or correlation coefficient for obesity and GDP and I think the racing car one, whatever it is, will be horrible.
macher-kriss
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What about the next paper on the 23rd? Any predictions.
I'm positive there is a tree diagram and there will probably be many sequences as today's paper had none.
kathykp7
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by macher-kriss)
What about the next paper on the 23rd? Any predictions.
I'm positive there is a tree diagram and there will probably be many sequences as today's paper had none.
I agree, I think there will also be linear programming
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
34.07%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (42)
46.15%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (17)
18.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads