The Student Room Group

I have a small cavity, can I wait a week before I go to the dentist

I noticed a small dark spot in my teeth, and I prodded it with a toothpick. Turns out there’s a hole. Do I need fillings, and can I wait a week before I go to the dentist?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Okayyhen
I noticed a small dark spot in my teeth, and I prodded it with a toothpick. Turns out there’s a hole. Do I need fillings, and can u wait a week before I go to he dentist?

It sounds like a cavity from what you've mentioned but the dentist needs to have a good look and possible take some xrays. Waiting one week won't do much harm but I wouldn't leave it any longer than that. Until then, I'd brush really well especially around the cavity to stop food getting stuck there thus exacerbating the problem and making the cavity deeper.
I also recommend you look at making changes to your diet i.e. Limiting your sugar consumption but your dentist will be able to further inform you of this.

Look after your teeth, this is the only real set you'll ever have! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by denteddental
It sounds like a cavity from what you've mentioned but the dentist needs to have a good look and possible take some xrays. Waiting one week won't do much harm but I wouldn't leave it any longer than that. Until then, I'd brush really well especially around the cavity to stop food getting stuck there thus exacerbating the problem and making the cavity deeper.
I also recommend you look at making changes to your diet i.e. Limiting your sugar consumption but your dentist will be able to further inform you of this.

Look after your teeth, this is the only real set you'll ever have! :biggrin:

Alright thanks :smile: I will :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending