Replying to Offers - Deadlines for International Students

Watch
mandmdye
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My daughter received all of her offers from the Universities she applied to in November 2017. The deadline given to reply to her offers through her UCAS account is June 7th.

A friend told me that if my daughter received all of her offers by March 31, 2018, the deadline to reply to her offers is May 3rd (not June 7th).

We are American Expats residing in Hong Kong. Our current postal address is in Hong Kong and my daughter used her American passport for her UCAS application. Does the May 3rd deadline to respond to her offers apply to her (as an international student) or is that deadline only for EU students?

I just want to make sure we have the correct deadline date so that we do not run into any problems.
Quitscheente
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am an international student as well and I have to reply by 3rd of may. I do not know if there's a difference between weird subjects and normal ones that are more popular. But to be honest, I think everything is the same. If you aren't sure what to do next, just call UCAS. The key dates can be found on their website as well. https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/fin.../type/key-date
I am an EU student though but except for the fees I was always named an international student.
mandmdye
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quitscheente)
I am an international student as well and I have to reply by 3rd of may. I do not know if there's a difference between weird subjects and normal ones that are more popular. But to be honest, I think everything is the same. If you aren't sure what to do next, just call UCAS. The key dates can be found on their website as well. https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/fin.../type/key-date
I am an EU student though but except for the fees I was always named an international student.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I "did" l see the key deadline dates and this is what it said for the May 3rd deadline:

"If you receive all your uni/college decisions by 31 March 2018, you must reply to any offers by today (May 3rd) or they'll be declined (except if you have a postal address outside the EU, or are using Extra to find a place)"

I have read a few conflicting opinions on this topic so I am just a little concerned. We live outside of the EU so I was hoping (according to the exclusion stated above) that the May 3rd deadline doesn't apply to her.

Can I ask you a question? In your UCAS track does it state that your deadline to reply to your offers is May 3rd? My daughter's UCAS track states that her deadline to reply is June 7th. I can't imagine that it would state June 7th as the deadline through her UCAS account, if that was not the correct deadline for her. I am just worried because I keep hearing conflicting information.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mandmdye)
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I "did" l see the key deadline dates and this is what it said for the May 3rd deadline:

"If you receive all your uni/college decisions by 31 March 2018, you must reply to any offers by today (May 3rd) or they'll be declined (except if you have a postal address outside the EU, or are using Extra to find a place)"

I have read a few conflicting opinions on this topic so I am just a little concerned. We live outside of the EU so I was hoping (according to the exclusion stated above) that the May 3rd deadline doesn't apply to her.

Can I ask you a question? In your UCAS track does it state that your deadline to reply to your offers is May 3rd? My daughter's UCAS track states that her deadline to reply is June 7th. I can't imagine that it would state June 7th as the deadline through her UCAS account, if that was not the correct deadline for her. I am just worried because I keep hearing conflicting information.
The deadline on Track is the one that applies. It could be that one of her choices amended an offer after the 31 March and that’s why she has the later deadline.
mandmdye
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
The deadline on Track is the one that applies. It could be that one of her choices amended an offer after the 31 March and that’s why she has the later deadline.

Thank you so much for your reply and information!
Quitscheente
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mandmdye)

My UCAS track told me to reply by May. And I got the last offer in March.
mandmdye
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quitscheente)
My UCAS track told me to reply by May. And I got the last offer in March.
Ok, thanks so much for your reply and information!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.36%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.53%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.41%
I'm really nervous (46)
18.7%

Watched Threads