Psychology essay/report writing planning and essay revision Watch

denmegan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I really need help. I can never plan essays etc and was wondering if someone could give me ideas on how to plan my essays and reports and essay revision
TIA
BPBPBPBP
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have a look at How To Write Better Essays by Greetham. It talks about unpacking the title/question which starts to suggest structures/plans. It's quite good.
denmegan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by BPBPBPBP)
Have a look at How To Write Better Essays by Greetham. It talks about unpacking the title/question which starts to suggest structures/plans. It's quite good.
Thank you!
BPBPBPBP
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also, mentioned in that book, and it's interesting seeing as you mentioned both essay planning and revision, is this about reasons why to plan your essays:

Revision material
If you've planned the essay well, so that it's got a clear structure, you'll find, when it comes to preparing for the final exam, that the plan itself is just about the most important revision material you have. It shows you how you've come to understand the topic, and how you've organised the ideas. As such, it is the one thing that you will be able to recall and use most effectively under timed conditions. In fact, many students who plan well use just these clearly organised thought patterns as their only revision material.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads