The Student Room Group

Why is it that?

When I ask for help regarding my A-Level subjects, and I tag people for help, they don't bother helping me?
I tagged users for help and I even sent them a message and they just ignored me. I actually want help regarding something and they are just ignoring. It is actually quite frustrating that, they are aware of this, but still they don't bother.
That's a majority of TSR for you, honestly I don't understand it, someone goes out of their way asking for your help and you don't bother evenhelping, sorry to hear that tbh.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
That's a majority of TSR for you, honestly I don't understand it, someone goes out of their way asking for your help and you don't bother evenhelping, sorry to hear that tbh.

It's really annoying though, because I am always ready to help, but they are receiving the tag and messages, but still.
Maybe they don't know the answer themselves so they just leave it and don't respond
idk could be many reasons
Original post by TheAlchemistress
It's really annoying though, because I am always ready to help, but they are receiving the tag and messages, but still.

Yeah I don't think they can be bothered or go out of their way to help out someone who genuinely needs the help.
Yeah I don't think they can be bothered or go out of their way to help out someone who genuinely needs the help.

It's sad considering one of them is a community assistant.
Original post by WEASEL espinoza
Maybe they don't know the answer themselves so they just leave it and don't respond
idk could be many reasons

They could just say so. Instead of ignoring though.
They could just say so. Instead of ignoring though.

Yh true that
It's sad considering one of them is a community assistant.

Wait are you serious? Did the person you send the message to have any experience towards A- levels or is a usual participant in this section?
I’d like to think that they don’t intentionally ignore you and were just maybe busy 🤷🏽😕 Maybe try again or tag other people? 🌸
(edited 5 years ago)
Wait are you serious? Did the person you send the message to have any experience towards A- levels or is a usual participant in this section?

Well, they did do that subject for A-level.
what subject do you need help with?
When I ask for help regarding my A-Level subjects, and I tag people for help, they don't bother helping me?
I tagged users for help and I even sent them a message and they just ignored me. I actually want help regarding something and they are just ignoring. It is actually quite frustrating that, they are aware of this, but still they don't bother.

Well people are generally busy with other things, mostly revision at this time of the year and deadlines at university plus revision.
Original post by AndrewSCO
what subject do you need help with?

It doesn't matter now because I am trying to help myself. But thanks anyways.
It may depend on what help you're asking for.
Sometimes people are busy and don't have the time during that moment to answer it with the intention of coming back later.
Either way, they owe you nothing and can just ignore you if they like because they have things to do as well
It doesn't matter now because I am trying to help myself. But thanks anyways.

If it's maths or physics feel free to tag me next time and if I'm around I'll try and help
Original post by AndrewSCO
If it's maths or physics feel free to tag me next time and if I'm around I'll try and help

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest