GCSE OCR Classical Civ (A*--G)

Watch
Danilo2001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Who is doing it? I am but I am very worried about the results. Does anyone have any exams techniques?

I am doing Odyssey, Athens and Pompeii, and for the controlled Assessment I did Olympics. What did everyone else do?
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey Danilo2001

I'm going to move this into the classics forum, hopefully you will be able to find people who are doing the same exam as you
Danilo2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hey Danilo2001

I'm going to move this into the classics forum, hopefully you will be able to find people who are doing the same exam as you
Thank you Where could I find it?
SaraMoghal7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, i'm doing Athens, Odyssey and Sparta and for the controlled assessment i did the Olympics too!
KB0786
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im doing rome ovid and pompeii and i did the olympics too
Elwood21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Danilo2001)
Who is doing it? I am but I am very worried about the results. Does anyone have any exams techniques?

I am doing Odyssey, Athens and Pompeii, and for the controlled Assessment I did Olympics. What did everyone else do?

Im doing Rome, Odyssey Sparta and Antigone for my controlled
assessment
KML.PRIV
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did you guys find the Athens paper? I thought it was quite easy tbh the essay question about education was so nice
Danilo2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by KML.PRIV)
How did you guys find the Athens paper? I thought it was quite easy tbh the essay question about education was so nice
OMG innit! I loved the education question so much. Though for the 5 markers I dont always have enough to say
Danilo2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by SaraMoghal7)
Hey, i'm doing Athens, Odyssey and Sparta and for the controlled assessment i did the Olympics too!
Same! Only I did Pompeii instead of Sparta.

How did you find Odyssey and Athens?
Danilo2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elwood21)
Im doing Rome, Odyssey Sparta and Antigone for my controlled
assessment
How did you find the Odyssey? Which questions did you do?
Danilo2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by KB0786)
im doing rome ovid and pompeii and i did the olympics too
How did you find the Pompeii paper? I found it quite hard?
PreyaPatel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Danilo2001)
How did you find the Odyssey? Which questions did you do?
I am hoping someone can help me. I’ve received a lot lower grade than expected for classics and am really upset. The paper I did badly on was Epic & Myth. The only reason I can think of was that I didn’t answer The Odysseus question properly.
i remember it was something about Positive traits and the cyclops. Does anyone remember the question? I’m thinking about a remark as am 7 marks from an A. I’ve always been an A* student so something has really gone wrong. It could be that I didn’t answer the essay question properly. I think I only wrote about all positive traits throughout the book and maybe was supposed to write about negative too although I think the question implied that only the cyclops scene showed positive traits .I’m did the higher paper. Hope I’m making sense. Thank you and hopefully someone replies soon x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.35%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
36.69%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.31%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.6%

Watched Threads