Turn on thread page Beta

Why am I always fainting? watch

ReputationRep:
    I’ve asked before why I always collapse or feel faint after standing for more than 2 mins and I was told it was low blood pressure. This made a lot of sense as I had all the symptoms but when I was tested at my grandads he said it was almost perfect! Does anyone know what else this could possibly be? It gets worse in heat and I also have symptoms like headaches dizziness and coldness. I also have an inflamed nerve problem in my leg- this probably isn’t linked but I thought I’d add it anyway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Holliewalker03)
    I’ve asked before why I always collapse or feel faint after standing for more than 2 mins and I was told it was low blood pressure. This made a lot of sense as I had all the symptoms but when I was tested at my grandads he said it was almost perfect! Does anyone know what else this could possibly be? It gets worse in heat and I also have symptoms like headaches dizziness and coldness. I also have an inflamed nerve problem in my leg- this probably isn’t linked but I thought I’d add it anyway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    I've had similar and it was my blood pressure and sugars too, even though I'm not diabetic. Just because you test your blood pressure once and it was fine is not representative of your actual blood pressure. You should go and see your GP as we are not qualified to tell you what it is. See them and they can always refer you to someone else and let you know how to treat it. Personally for me I never stand with my legs locked and I always am slightly swaying if I have to stand still.

How old are you btw?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    have you talked to your gp? it could be anything really

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of reasons for fainting, low BP being one of them. Some reasons could be cardiac, neurological or even just enviromental (too hot, dehydrated etc).. Speaking to your GP is the best option, get referred and start ruling some problems out x

ReputationRep:
    You faint when a lack of oxygen goes to the brain, this is usually low blood pressure and/or stress.

ReputationRep:
    Your doctor is going to be the best to ask. There are lots of things that cause these symptoms. I get it when it's warm, or on certain medications. Blood pressure is a thing as well but your doctor can rule everything out with tests (or most things anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I've had similar and it was my blood pressure and sugars too, even though I'm not diabetic. Just because you test your blood pressure once and it was fine is not representative of your actual blood pressure. You should go and see your GP as we are not qualified to tell you what it is. See them and they can always refer you to someone else and let you know how to treat it. Personally for me I never stand with my legs locked and I always am slightly swaying if I have to stand still.

How old are you btw?
    I’m 14 and I tested it 3 times and it came up with the same result (I think it was 117/80 but I’m not sure) and I always stand swaying as I’ve been told it helps. My mum always complains and says it’s because I don’t eat enough but sometimes it happens on a school day after I have had cereal and a yoghurt which is why I think she is wrong? I’ve been telling her to go to the doctors for months but she still doesn’t believe me. I thought it could possibly be anemia but lots of people said I’m just making it up!!

ReputationRep:
    I guess it could be low pule, bp, blood sugars, lack of food, exhaustion, things like that. Maybe go to the doctors and tell them about the nerve problem, that may be linked, I don't normally faint put when I popped my knee back in after dislocating it, it popped so it may be something nerve related?? I'm not medical so I'd go get it checked out if I were you

ReputationRep:
    Visit an actual physician; preferably, one who can refrain from commenting on the irony of your surname.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilywilson605)
    I guess it could be low pule, bp, blood sugars, lack of food, exhaustion, things like that. Maybe go to the doctors and tell them about the nerve problem, that may be linked, I don't normally faint put when I popped my knee back in after dislocating it, it popped so it may be something nerve related?? I'm not medical so I'd go get it checked out if I were you
    Thanks I guess I’ll just have to force my mum to take me lol 😂

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I guess I’ll just have to force my mum to take me lol 😂
    Hehe, good luck! I don't wanna be a beg but pls could you check out my petition to try and get the education system adapted to reduce student anxiety!? https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/217464 If you agree, think it'd be a good start, please sign and SHARE!! Hope you get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilywilson605)
    Hehe, good luck! I don't wanna be a beg but pls could you check out my petition to try and get the education system adapted to reduce student anxiety!? https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/217464 If you agree, think it'd be a good start, please sign and SHARE!! Hope you get better
    Sure! And thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    Sure! And thanks 😊
    Yay, thank you so so much!!! Get well soon! xx

ReputationRep:
    I’m 14 and I tested it 3 times and it came up with the same result (I think it was 117/80 but I’m not sure) and I always stand swaying as I’ve been told it helps. My mum always complains and says it’s because I don’t eat enough but sometimes it happens on a school day after I have had cereal and a yoghurt which is why I think she is wrong? I’ve been telling her to go to the doctors for months but she still doesn’t believe me. I thought it could possibly be anemia but lots of people said I’m just making it up!!
    You can get a doctors appointment without your Mum even knowing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why are you telling your mum to go to the Dr when it's your problem? You go to the dr. You don't need your mum there. I had this issue at your age now I'm 19 and it's much rarer I get a fainting spell. I was also borderline anaemic. Go to your GP and get seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Why are you telling your mum to go to the Dr when it's your problem? You go to the dr. You don't need your mum there. I had this issue at your age now I'm 19 and it's much rarer I get a fainting spell. I was also borderline anaemic. Go to your GP and get seen.
    Because I’m under 16 and if I need medication or physio I need parental consent? I also need to be able to drive to the doctor? And get the money to pay?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Because I’m under 16 and if I need medication or physio I need parental consent? I also need to be able to drive to the doctor? And get the money to pay?
    Money to pay for what? Or are you not in the UK?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You don't need parental consent for most medication and because you're under 18 you get free prescriptions I believe. Can you not get the bus or walk to the dr? Or get someone else to take you e.g. another family member or friend?

Or just book an appt to the Dr and tell your mum to take you because you know your body better than she does. I had a similar issue with my mum and it wasn't until I fainted in front of her that she actually went "oh yeah maybe you do have a problem".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Money to pay for what? Or are you not in the UK?
    We are but because of my dads work we use a private doctors and it’s like 30 mins drive away from my house so she would have to take me, she is also the only one with all my details for the appointment and it would probably be in school time so she would have to write a note for school
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    This is a definite doctor matter. There are so many possibilities and they can do tests, give advice, send you to anybody you need to be sent to etc.

You can still see a doctor by yourself at under 16 and as long as you are using the NHS there's nothing to pay. If there is a medical issue you can tell your mum "I have been diagnosed with this" and then it doesn't matter what she suspects cos you have the answers.
    If you need help getting to the doctors ask a friend, take a bus, tell your mum you're goign for another reason or whatever. You can also call 111 who I can pretty much guarentee will tell you to see a doctor and you can tell you mum "I have been told to see a doctor".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.