ocean222
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I'm supposed to be doing my GCSE English language presentation in a couple of weeks but I have no idea what to do it on. can anyone give me ideas thanks.
Sani882
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is there a set play/novel u have to do it on? In my school we had to do it in a novel that we were studying so I didn’t it on Animal farm. Key things to look at and to explore are:

Themes- so if it has examples of equality or power. Stuff like that.
Context- why this play/novel was written, the story or idea/inspiration behind it.
Characters- what they do, what’s their importance, why they are even there.
Key ideas- what does the author want to show you.

These are just the basic things that you can look for in anything your presenting. I’d say choose something that’s got a lot of stuff u can write about. So for animal farm it’s about equality and abuse of power. It also was written about the Russian revolution so there’s a lot of context there.

Also, Jekyll and Hyde is a good one to do. It has interesting character and key points that are easy to explore and talk about. So like the contrast of religious and scientific ideas. Also, personality of characters are really easy to determine and explain the importance of in this novel.
ocean222
Rep:
?
we got given some topics and books to do it on but we can do whatever we want but this is really helpful thank you
Sani882
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ocean222)
we got given some topics and books to do it on but we can do whatever we want but this is really helpful thank you

No problem. Glad I could help.
isadiya
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
we got the option on hobbies, animal cruelty and macbeth! whatever you choose though dont stress much about it because it's really chill since your teacher marks you. i got a distinction and i stuttered quite a bit
ocean222
Rep:
?
what did you do yours on?
isadiya
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ocean222)
what did you do yours on?
i did mine on animal cruelty since theres so many articles online so i just got info from random articles/speeches/yt videos and put it in my presentation!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads