The Student Room Group

If you were to do all of your exams this week, what grades would you get?

The start of the exam season is fast approaching and I'm wondering how you think the next few months of revision will impact your final grade? Are you relying on this time to move up 3 grades or do you not think revision will change your final grade much?

Post your own predicted grades if you were to do the exams this week compared to your predicted grades for the real thing.
(edited 5 years ago)
First.

A-level predicted grades: A*,A,B

If I were to do my exams next week: A*,A*,A (This is assuming AQA/OCR do not absolutely *censored* me with a stupid paper)
Probs B in FM, A in maths, and since i've been doing hardcore chem and biology yesterday and today, probs A (if not, B), and probs C in physics
A*A* in Maths and Further Maths.

I literally just need 6 ums in D1 for the A* in maths.
(edited 5 years ago)
This is an interesting question! I think I'd just about manage an A in Maths considering I haven't finished Core 4 yet but got good enough UMS last year to carry me, I'm predicted an A* though. In Further Maths I''d say I'd probably get a low B, failing Mechanics 2 and doing alright in the rest, again I set myself up okay last year, I'm predicted an A. As for Computer Science, I haven't a clue, I'd like to say I'd get an A but probably a B, I'm predicted an A here too.

So I suppose in my opinion these last few months will probably gain me a grade in each subject? Maybe more like a grade and a half where further maths is concerned. But that 1 grade is the difference between getting my offer or not getting my offer, and even then the A* in maths is still a push. So yeah, I'd say these last months of revision are very important.
Probably A* in maths, A in Physics and B in further maths (I mean we haven't finished one of the modules yet sooooo) :smile:
Reply 6
Probably ABB. I still need to work on my essays for Spanish and French :redface:
B in Maths, C in Further Maths, B or C in Physics

Unless I work like hell from now until the end of exams I'm royally screwed :smile:
Reply 8
Doing it now - ABC

Doing it in exam season - AAB/ABB
BDE
Predicted Grades - Dunno lol (think C for Music & MM for Btec Sports Science)

Can I achieve it, well find out shall we.
Everyone saying A*, what makes you feel so confident? Is it the scores of recent past papers you've done

Also how did you learn content before you started papers
Reply 12
p
Original post by peanotto
Everyone saying A*, what makes you feel so confident? Is it the scores of recent past papers you've done

Also how did you learn content before you started papers

most people are saying it about maths because its old spec and nothing new is gonna come up probably so if people did well in recent years papers under exam conditions they are likely to do well in the real thing.

Might be useless but for maths, I literally just used the book to learn content doing exercises then doing past papers
Original post by yusyus
p

most people are saying it about maths because its old spec and nothing new is gonna come up probably so if people did well in recent years papers under exam conditions they are likely to do well in the real thing.

Might be useless but for maths, I literally just used the book to learn content doing exercises then doing past papers

Ah I do maths aswell too so its helpful anyway. Do you think you will get an A* aswell?
Reply 14
Ah I do maths aswell too so its helpful anyway. Do you think you will get an A* aswell?

yh im pretty sure. Not trying to sound arrogant but im pretty sure i coulda got one last term since I had covered it all then
Original post by yusyus
yh im pretty sure. Not trying to sound arrogant but im pretty sure i coulda got one last term since I had covered it all then

have you done every paper?
Predicted BCC
If did now- ABC
Reply 17
n
have you done every paper?

I'm pretty sure I'm approaching it; just did the 2017 paper for a mock at school but there's gonna be new international papers soon which are good and I haven't really touched elmwood/Solomon/IYGB papers yet.
I'm focusing more on my other subjects atm though because physics is kind of hard

Quick Reply

Latest