?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
1. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Open World Games are a
recurring theme as you can see
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. FarCry 3
4. Assassins Creed Revelations
5. The Last of Us.

n.b. The Witcher 3, was a game close to my heart as it was the first game I truly waited years for, and once it came out, it not only lived up to the hype but surpassed it. The extensive story, and character relationships you develop allowed me to become engulfed in the false reality, and to this day has earned the permanent spot of the best game I have and expect to ever play in my life. It means so much more to me, and I hope to play it for years to come, as its so replayable. I just get so sad sometimes to think that its the last instalment of the franchise, so I pray and pray that maybe one day, whenever, we see something in the Witcher universe. As I fear it will soon not be able to challenge new graphically better games, and I fear I will find it hard to go back Witcher as I may only be able to see a worse graphical game, ignoring its true beauty as I succumb to conventional views on video games. Do you think it will be easily replayable no matter how old?

Please state which game meant most to you and why... Which game can you always go back to, no matter how old and how it cant compare to newer games?

Special Mentions: -----Uncharted 4-----, -----Assassins Creed Unity------ ( I loved it for the new game mechanics and setting of Paris was amazing. Climbing the Notre Dam was nothing short of perfect, but yes the story was dog shite),---- ---------Call of Duty WAW------- (first CoD I really really loved, zombies was amazing). -----GTA V------, a bit overplayed now, and has been milked a lot. But story was amazing, one of the best game stories ever, and graphics still -challenge new AAA games to date even being 5 years old. ---- Max Payne 3---- Who doesnt love to dive and shoot the **** out of people. Story was amazing.
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Gaming.

My list, all PC unless otherwise stated:

1. Heroes of Might and Magic III
2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)
3. Gabriel Knight II
4. The Longest Journey
5. Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Special mentions:
Heroes of Might and Magic II & V
Crusader Kings 2
Gabriel Knight III
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Gray Matter
Theme Hospital
Shadowgate Classic (GBC)
Planescape: Torment
Pharaoh
SopheeJay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy and nothing will ever change my mind! I can play all of them over and over again and they will never get old or loose my interest, it’s great!!
Even the older games in both series are amazing, though the graphics might hurt after five minutes they’re still golden.
Love the stories and music to both way too much.

Though if i had a top 5 excluding those it would be:

1. The Evil Within
2. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
3. Hello Neighbor
4. Fable 2
5. Five Nights at Freddy’s

Assassins Creed and The Last of Us i can agree with though too, top quality stuff, good choices
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RP990
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Moved to Gaming.

My list, all PC unless otherwise stated:

1. Heroes of Might and Magic III
2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)
3. Gabriel Knight II
4. The Longest Journey
5. Recettear An Item Shop's Tale

Special mentions:
Heroes of Might and Magic II & V
Crusader Kings 2
Gabriel Knight III
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Gray Matter
Theme Hospital
Shadowgate Classic (GBC)
Planescape Torment
Pharaoh
Awesome, so which one was your favourite personally.
RP990
Rep:
?
(Original post by SopheeJay)
Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy and nothing will ever change my mind! I can play all of them over and over again and they will never get old or loose my interest, it’s great!!
Even the older games in both series are amazing, though the graphics might hurt after five minutes they’re still golden.
Love the stories and music to both way too much.

Though if i had a top 5 excluding those it would be:

1. The Evil Within
2. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
3. Hello Neighbor
4. Fable 2
5. Five Nights at Freddy’s

Assassins Creed and The Last of Us i can agree with though too, top quality stuff, good choices
Thats a damn good list, I played the most recent tomb raider, and If the list came down to graphics, that would easy break the top 5. On PC, it was stunning. But I never played it through as I was also playing witcher at the time coincidentally
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RP990)
Awesome, so which one was your favourite personally.
Heroes of Might and Magic III, as its #1 position on my list implied. :yes:

...unless you were asking which of the five on YOUR list meant the most to US, as opposed to what we'd include in our own lists. In which case, I've not played any of your Top 5 or special mentions. Closest I've come is a few hours on the original Witcher, but I soon decided it wasn't my kind of game. Red Dead Redemption does look awesome, but the lack of a PC release means it is out of my reach. :moon:
RP990
Rep:
?
(Original post by RP990)
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. FarCry 3
5. The Last of Us.

n.b. The Witcher 3, was a game close to my heart as it was the first game I truly waited years for, and once it came out, it not only lived up to the hype but surpassed it. The extensive story, and character relationships you develop allowed me to become engulfed in the false reality, and to this day has earned the permanent spot of the best game I have and expect to ever play in my life. It means so much more to me, and I hope to play it for years to come, as its so replayable. I just get so sad sometimes to think that its the last instalment of the franchise, so I pray and pray that maybe one day, whenever, we see something in the Witcher universe. As I fear it will soon not be able to challenge new graphically better games, and I fear I will find it hard to go back Witcher as I may only be able to see a worse graphical game, ignoring its true beauty as I succumb to conventional views on video games. Do you think it will be easily replayable no matter how old?

Please state which game meant most to you and why... Which game can you always go back to, no matter how old and how it cant compare to newer games?

Special Mentions: -----Uncharted 4-----, -----Assassins Creed Unity------ ( I loved it for the new game mechanics and setting of Paris was amazing. Climbing the Notre Dam was nothing short of perfect, but yes the story was dog shite),---- ---------Call of Duty WAW------- (first CoD I really really loved, zombies was amazing). -----GTA V------, a bit overplayed now, and has been milked a lot. But story was amazing, one of the best game stories ever, and graphics still -challenge new AAA games to date even being 5 years old. ---- Max Payne 3---- Who doesnt love to dive and shoot the **** out of people. Story was amazing.
As I love the Witcher series so much, and If anyone is as passionate about gaming as me, I am willign to give it to someone for free. Private message of course.
RP990
Rep:
?
Heroes of Might and Magic III, as its #1 position on my list implied. :yes:

...unless you were asking which of the five on YOUR list meant the most to US, as opposed to what we'd include in our own lists. In which case, I've not played any of your Top 5 or special mentions. Closest I've come is a few hours on the original Witcher, but I soon decided it wasn't my kind of game. Red Dead Redemption does look awesome, but the lack of a PC release means it is out of my reach. :moon:
Oh no, of course I meant choose your own choices haha.. Just meant to say like what made it stand out to be a top choice.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RP990)
Oh no, of course I meant choose your own choices haha.. Just meant to say like what made it stand out to be a top choice.
Ah, right. :p: I did put up a short review a couple of months back [/shameless plug], but in short, I love the gameplay, music, factions and creatures, the campaign is solid, and there are a ridiculous number of additional maps included (I've been playing it on and off since the early 2000s, and I'm not sure I've played every map). Easily the best game in my favourite franchise, though HoMM 2 and 5 are great too.
RP990
Rep:
?
Ah, right. :p: I did put up a short review a couple of months back [/shameless plug], but in short, I love the gameplay, music, factions and creatures, the campaign is solid, and there are a ridiculous number of additional maps included (I've been playing it on and off since the early 2000s, and I'm not sure I've played every map).
Oh awesome, thats the same for me with Witcher 3. So you never found that you were put off by the graphics not ever really getting better.

I want to be playing witcher for years to come, but often think to myself how I will perceive it when newer, better graphically games come out. Do you think if you just love a game that much, you wont be lose the urge to play it?
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RP990)
Oh awesome, thats the same for me with Witcher 3. So you never found that you were put off by the graphics not ever really getting better.

I want to be playing witcher for years to come, but often think to myself how I will perceive it when newer, better graphically games come out. Do you think if you just love a game that much, you wont be lose the urge to play it?
Maybe it comes from growing up in the 90s, but HoMM3 still looks great to me. :p: Probably because it's 2D, I feel that 3D games age a lot worse (looking at Gabriel Knight 3 from my honourable mentions list)... but even then, if the gameplay and story is good enough, I'll definitely play it.
RP990
Rep:
?
Maybe it comes from growing up in the 90s, but HoMM3 still looks great to me. :p: Probably because it's 2D, I feel that 3D games age a lot worse (looking at Gabriel Knight 3 from my honourable mentions list)... but even then, if the gameplay and story is good enough, I'll definitely play it.
Yeah I feel 3-D games can age extremely quickly, but now I feel we've reached a stage where it's going to progress quite slowly. I mean for example, GTA V is half a decade old in september but it still competes graphically with new games coming out (on PC anyways). So I feel surpassed any game at the time so I hope I feel I will be able to play it with years to come, just as how skyrim is still heavily played.

and your game Gabriel Knight three is nearly twenty years old now - So I feel that was an era where games were still adapting to perfecting the perfect way of demonstrating a 3D game. Whereas now I feel we achieved that, and we can only build on improving interface, graphics and detail in 3D games. I don't really see how we can progress 3D and third person gaming on from games such as witcher. Hence I feel VR is the next step in gaming.
Picnicl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1 Metroid Prime (only the first)
2 Bioshock : Burial at Sea
3 Jet Set Radio Future
4 Half Life 2
5 Uncharted 2
bdsiraj
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My list:

1) Fiesta Online (no one has heard of this) - MMO
2) OldSchool Runescape - MMO
3) Skyrim - RPG
4) Portal 2 - u know
5) TF2
RP990
Rep:
?
(Original post by bdsiraj)
My list:

1) Fiesta Online (no one has heard of this) - MMO
2) OldSchool Runescape - MMO
3) Skyrim - RPG
4) Portal 2 - u know
5) TF2
So why did fiesta online stand out the most?
f_spanish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1.H1Z1
2.CSGO
3.FIFA
4.Rainbow Six Siege
5.Fortnite/GTA5
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RP990)
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. FarCry 3
5. The Last of Us.

I've only played pre PS4 games... so yh:

1) GTA V - once i got my hands on the game, i rinsed it endlessly even when all my friends moved on to PS4.
2) COD BO2 - i use to trade MW3 with my neighbour just to get his BO2 and play zombies
3) COD MW3 - infected and survival i rinsed so much
4) Midnight Club (PS2) - basically never completed the campaign, but always played tag (2 player mode) with the cars in game.
5) COD 3 (PS2) - This was the first COD i played and i enjoyed it way too much.
Here_comedatboi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Top 5 Favourite Games:
1) Bioshock : Infinite
2) Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 2
3) Dying Light (and dlc)
4) Far Cry 3
5) Red Dead Redemption

Honourable Mentions:
- Assassins Creed brotherhood
- Call Of Duty : Black Ops 1
- Call Of Duty : Black Ops 2
- Skyrim
- Portal 2
- Crysis 1
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- GTA V
- Fallout New Vegas
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RP990
Rep:
?
(Original post by Here_comedatboi)
Top 5 Favourite Games:
1) Bioshock : Infinite
2) Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 2
3) Dying Light (and dlc)
4) Far Cry 3
5) Red Dead Redemption

Honourable Mentions:
- Assassins Creed brotherhood
- Call Of Duty : Black Ops 1
- Call Of Duty : Black Ops 2
- Skyrim
- Portal 2
- Crysis 1
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- GTA V
- Fallout New Vegas
Oh damn I forgot Dying light, that game was so fun.
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) Skyrim
2) Witcher 3
3) Fallout (literally any of them)
4) Legend of Zelda (literally any of them)
5) Uncharted (literally any of them, but 4 is niceu)

Honourable mentions:
-Dragonball Xenoverse 2 > 1 tbh
-Dragonball Fighter Z
-LA Noire
-Bioshock
-Any Naruto game.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
15.29%
The paper was reasonable (958)
55.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (370)
21.51%
It was TERRIBLE (129)
7.5%

Watched Threads