The Student Room Group

Should guys be forced to date fat girls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Miss.Unknow
You hurt me with your dumb post.

Explain how is it dumb? Isn’t it about relationships? I am trying to understand and have opinions on why guys cannot have dating preference in terms of not dating someone who has extra pounds (nothing wrong with it). I don’t agree with it as girls are allowed to have their preference and don’t get attacked by people or accused of shaming someone.

If you don’t like the post, just ignore it 😊
why can't fatties just lose weight?
Original post by Adezo
I am just interested on other's opinion as it's about relationship and I think people should be able to express their dating preference without being judged.

Don't you think you should've mentioned this in the OP? The title heavily implies that you think men should be forced to date fat girls.
Original post by Adezo
even if they're not into fat girls

Yes I think so, it is a lot of hard work to lose weight for some people metabolism plays a huge factor I know loads of people who hardly eat and go the gym regularly but they are still not that slim.
Original post by Dignifieddeath
Yes I think so, it is a lot of hard work to lose weight for some people metabolism plays a huge factor I know loads of people who hardly eat and go the gym regularly but they are still not that slim.

Sorry to butt in when this isn't addressed to me but I feel the need to criticise this view. If that's the case, should girls also be forced to date fat men? While I'm aware there are minority circumstances regarding eating disorders, medication and metabolism, I'd say obesity is a choice 99% of the time. Even if you can't afford to eat healthily, you can still choose to exercise.

Also, why is it seen as 'fat phobic' or 'fat shaming' or something equally as stupid when plus size women receive comments about their weight, when nobody bats an eyelid when fat men are criticised?
No. Just like girls shouldn’t be forced to date guys with little d*cks. Everyone has preferences lol. ☠️
Reply 46
Original post by Dignifieddeath

Agree, losing weight depends on the individual. There are people that will take time before they can lose a significant amount of weight while others can shed pounds without doing as much work as they do!
Reply 47
Original post by Know Your Enemy
Sorry to butt in when this isn't addressed to me but I feel the need to criticise this view. If that's the case, should girls also be forced to date fat men? While I'm aware there are minority circumstances regarding eating disorders, medication and metabolism, I'd say obesity is a choice 99% of the time. Even if you can't afford to eat healthily, you can still choose to exercise.

Also, why is it seen as 'fat phobic' or 'fat shaming' or something equally as stupid when plus size women receive comments about their weight, when nobody bats an eyelid when fat men are criticised?

Definitely agree on this one, although some individuals do have conditions that might affect their weight! But yeah obesity is no joke as it can lead to huge problems and not everyone do consider dating someone who has gone beyond the extreme. That’s the whole point of my question. In our society, people get really defensive about plus size women but why fat guys are kind of left out. I think we do all have dating preferences and I don’t think people should be forced to date someone even if not attracted to them just because society says
so. Or creating guilty post on how some guys are missing out for having a dating preference. By the way, I meant dating as talking stage to someone but not necessarily being in a relationship.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Adezo
Definitely agree on this one, although some individuals do have conditions that might affect their weight! But yeah obesity is no joke as it can lead to huge problems and not everyone do consider dating someone who has gone beyond the extreme. That’s the whole point of my question. In our society, people get really defensive about plus size women but why fat guys are kind of left out. I think we do all have dating preferences and I don’t think people should be forced to date someone even if not attracted to them just because society says
so. Or creating guilty post on how some guys are missing out for having a dating preference. By the way, I meant dating as talking stage to someone but not necessarily being in a relationship.

You've actually made some pretty sensible points in this reply. Imo you should've included this in the OP as that would've encouraged more sensible answers. Your title heavily implies that you believe the opposite of what you've said here...that guys should be forced to date fat women.
Original post by Adezo
Explain how is it dumb? Isn’t it about relationships? I am trying to understand and have opinions on why guys cannot have dating preference in terms of not dating someone who has extra pounds (nothing wrong with it). I don’t agree with it as girls are allowed to have their preference and don’t get attacked by people or accused of shaming someone.

If you don’t like the post, just ignore it 😊

Who said that guys cant have dating preferences? Everyone is allowed to have a preference. i'm fat and i accept that guys wouldn't want to date me because of my weight. Girls can have a preference and so can guys. If you're overweight and dislike the fact that guys wouldn't date you then you should change your weight, not expect them to just roll with it. Why should you have a healthy and fit partner if you're yourself is not fit? that not fair is it.
Reply 50
Who said that guys cant have dating preferences? Everyone is allowed to have a preference. i'm fat and i accept that guys wouldn't want to date me because of my weight. Girls can have a preference and so can guys. If you're overweight and dislike the fact that guys wouldn't date you then you should change your weight, not expect them to just roll with it. Why should you have a healthy and fit partner if you're yourself is not fit? that not fair is it.

Original post by Know Your Enemy
You've actually made some pretty sensible points in this reply. Imo you should've included this in the OP as that would've encouraged more sensible answers. Your title heavily implies that you believe the opposite of what you've said here...that guys should be forced to date fat women.

I tried to change it but not even sure how to do that 😂😭
Are you talking like fat fat? or thicc fat?
I dont mind a bit of tummy but not to the point where they got excess flab everywhere and 4 chins.

So no, never a fat girl. Healthy weight only
I mean when thicc girls theyre just very curvy with a bit of stomach whereas fat girls are slobby with love handles
Reply 54

I have seen individuals sharing guilty posts on social media to make people feel bad for not dating or give a chance to girls because they are fat. I know a lot of guys are into thick girls nowadays although they don’t include most of the fat girls which is where the confusion comes in. If boys refuses to date fat girls, they get a lot of hate but nothing wrong with girls refusing to date fat boys. I think both of them should be protected, not just girls.

A girl/boy shouldn’t lose weight because they are not dateable but because they should put their health first. There are individuals who don't mind how you look but what you have on the inside. Others do mind how you look and also what you have on the inside. The truth is that our look is the first thing people can See.

And also I’ve noticed that SOME fat girls do have weight preferences when dating which is fine but why is it ok for them to do so?
Original post by Adezo
I have seen individuals sharing guilty posts on social media to make people feel bad for not dating or give a chance to girls because they are fat. I know a lot of guys are into thick girls nowadays although they don’t include most of the fat girls which is where the confusion comes in. If boys refuses to date fat girls, they get a lot of hate but nothing wrong with girls refusing to date fat boys. I think both of them should be protected, not just girls.

A girl/boy shouldn’t lose weight because they are not dateable but because they should put their health first. There are individuals who don't mind how you look but what you have on the inside. Others do mind how you look and also what you have on the inside. The truth is that our look is the first thing people can See.

And also I’ve noticed that SOME fat girls do have weight preferences when dating which is fine but why is it ok for them to do so?

People share stupid things on social media all the time, so it's not really a new thing. And honestly, those rare individuals that do criticise guys for not dating fat girls need to stop trying to guilt trip other into dating.

You're right, a fat body is a reflection of an unhealthy diet which shows that you're lazy, have no sense of control etc, This clearly doesn't make you a good potential partner.

Because they think the world revolves around them. You can have dating preference if you're a fat girl/guy, but dont expect guy to comply and date you if you keep such an unhealthy lifestyle, they have the right to a preference just as much as you do.
Original post by Adezo
even if they're not into fat girls
I take it you're a gat girl who can't get any action?
Reply 57
People share stupid things on social media all the time, so it's not really a new thing. And honestly, those rare individuals that do criticise guys for not dating fat girls need to stop trying to guilt trip other into dating.

You're right, a fat body is a reflection of an unhealthy diet which shows that you're lazy, have no sense of control etc, This clearly doesn't make you a good potential partner.

Because they think the world revolves around them. You can have dating preference if you're a fat girl/guy, but dont expect guy to comply and date you if you keep such an unhealthy lifestyle, they have the right to a preference just as much as you do.

Exactly!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending