The Student Room Group

Which GCSE exam are you most looking forward to and which are you most worried about?

R.S - Edexcel Short Course is so easy! A little bit of weekend revision should hopefully guarantee me a 7 considering barely anyone seems to revise and apparently schools taught to the wrong topic for Peace and Conflict (Paper 2)

Chemistry - I want to do this at A Level but I am really worried about how hard the paper will be especially paper 2. That has so much harder stuff to it, but at least global warming should balance the fear out (I do global warming in so many subjects).

Scroll to see replies

Most looking forward to: maths, I want to see if there's any interesting and hard questions.
Most worried about: maths, everyone I know is expecting me to get 240/240 :wink:.
Original post by 3pointonefour
Most looking forward to: maths, I want to see if there's any interesting and hard questions.
Most worried about: maths, everyone I know is expecting me to get 240/240 :wink:.

Haha no pressure.
Most looking forward to maths for the same reasons
Least looking forward to English language and literature because I hate them
most looking forward to- nothing, EVERYTHING IS SO HARD, GOSH
MOST worried about- maths, physics (espcially paper 2, ahhh)
Business - On mock tests done in class I can comfortably get 90%+, it's pretty easy for me and 99% is just common sense. (to me.)

Maths/ Italian- on recent mocks I scraped 5's and NEED a 6/7 in the real exam.

Perhaps everyone can help each other with the subjects? If someones good at maths and mfl, help me and if anyone needs help with any of these subjects, feel free to ask me anything:

Business
History
Sociology
English Lang
English Lit
RS

:tongue:
Original post by lanababe78
most looking forward to- nothing, EVERYTHING IS SO HARD, GOSH
MOST worried about- maths, physics (espcially paper 2, ahhh)

Why did they put all of the harder topics of science in paper 2?!
Original post by Y11_Maths
Haha no pressure.

I hate English myself but I have no worries about it because I've already got a conditional offer so I can get **** all for those exams.
Which GCSE exams are you most looking forward to:
None

Which GCSE exams are you most worried about:
All of them
I hate English myself but I have no worries about it because I've already got a conditional offer so I can get **** all for those exams.

what is your conditional offer for?
I hate Eng and Physics
I think I'm gonna give it my best. Let's see if I can get at least a B

Lol. But when you apply for jobs you’re gonna want good grades
Reply 11
Looking foward to maths cause i bloody love it and enjoy it.
Not looking foward to english lit because its way too boring for me
Looking forward to:
Both RS papers, Both Business papers, Maths Paper 2&3, French Wriitng
Dreading:
Literally anything that's not stated above
Reply 13
Haha no pressure.

I'm in the exact same situation. Maths and FM are nowhere near as hard as other subjects - notably, English. Regardless, both teachers expect a 9.
Original post by ns_2
I'm in the exact same situation. Maths and FM are nowhere near as hard as other subjects - notably, English. Regardless, both teachers expect a 9.

Wish I could’ve learnt FM but it’s too late now oh well
Original post by Goldfish4343
R.S - Edexcel Short Course is so easy! A little bit of weekend revision should hopefully guarantee me a 7 considering barely anyone seems to revise and apparently schools taught to the wrong topic for Peace and Conflict (Paper 2)

Chemistry - I want to do this at A Level but I am really worried about how hard the paper will be especially paper 2. That has so much harder stuff to it, but at least global warming should balance the fear out (I do global warming in so many subjects).

Looking forward to: maths- blooming love it, would love to get full marks lmao
Most worried: English literature- I find it interesting but I’m just not a writing fan
Original post by ninja_uchiha
what is your conditional offer for?

It's at my school's sixth form. All I need to study maths, further maths, physics and computer science are:
7 in maths, 6 in English Language, Physics and Computer Science.
They're quite low so I can realistically just barely pass my GCSEs and still get it (though realistically I'll aim for more 9s and 8s, just not in English :biggrin:)
Lol. But when you apply for jobs you’re gonna want good grades

I get you that's why I realistically will aim for 9s. But seriously the English Department in my school pisses me off. And to be fair most workplaces only ask for GCSEs as a formality. For where I want to go they'll care more about the A-levels and degree.
Looking forward to: French, German, Latin and maths (what a coincidence these are my a levels next year)

Dreading: HISTORY there are way too many facts
looking forward to: none of them tbh, not even english lit which i do enjoy. maybe the human geography paper though, i find the topic super interesting:biggrin:
dreading: french speaking, physics, computer science

Quick Reply

Latest