The Student Room Group

Pubic hair + leotard help

I do gymnastics and have lots of competitions coming up in the next few weeks/months where I have to compete in just a leotard, no shorts are allowed. When I shave down there, I often goes red and a bit spotty. I'm not sure if this is due to ingrown hairs or just shaving rash. Obviously, this is not a good look in just a leotard. I use a men's razor as I think these are generally better. How can I get rid of the spots/redness and prevent it coming back (without stopping shaving). I don't really want to have to buy lots of expensive shaving products either. Any suggestions please???
Original post by Anonymous
I do gymnastics and have lots of competitions coming up in the next few weeks/months where I have to compete in just a leotard, no shorts are allowed. When I shave down there, I often goes red and a bit spotty. I'm not sure if this is due to ingrown hairs or just shaving rash. Obviously, this is not a good look in just a leotard. I use a men's razor as I think these are generally better. How can I get rid of the spots/redness and prevent it coming back (without stopping shaving). I don't really want to have to buy lots of expensive shaving products either. Any suggestions please???

I had the same issue when I did ballet - I started using Gillette satin care sensitive skin shave gel which worked for me. I have also heard that non-scented moisturiser is good but I personally haven't tried it :smile: Good luck!!
Reply 2
I had the same issue when I did ballet - I started using Gillette satin care sensitive skin shave gel which worked for me. I have also heard that non-scented moisturiser is good but I personally haven't tried it :smile: Good luck!!

I got than shave gel and it has helped loads. Thanks so much :smile:

After you shave use baby powder to stop it from hurting and use Simple face wash to moisturise it. also if its a lot try one of those special shavers men have with a female shaving cream it helps a lot.
Reply 4
I love gymnastics, and like you I go to a club that doesn't let girls wear shorts over their leos. Also I run, and for that we have to wear bikini-style racing briefs. So I know where you're coming from,

You could get an epilator. Use that once a week and follow up with tea tree oil. You'll never have hair, stubble or a rash down there ever again!

Quick Reply

Latest